Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Those things are obsolete now. They're basically a self driving Uber but with very serious limitations.

They are still interesting, though. Maybe UNI could utilize a driverless light rail system functioning like Hogwart's Express.

I look at the gondolas as an interesting and dependable way to get from the resorts to the parks. They'll still have to use buses to get to MK but this is a start at least.

I though the Hogwarts express did too? I sweat the main line kept moving while loading. Maybe I imagined it..
No, the train never detaches. The trains are attached to the cable which runs forwards and backwards. On a Gondola system the cable is a loop, and the cars attach and detach at the stations. If you look at the track at Kings Crossing you can see the maintenance bay below the tracks since the trains
aren't removable.

So that puts one vehicle always on the main and one always on the spur where they pass, no?

So there should be little differences in the show timing, no?

Welp, here's the section of Track in question...

hogwarts-train-track.jpg

I'm not sold on it behind a 100% mirror image but will concede it's close enough to not matter for show timing.

Welp, here's the section of Track in question...

hogwarts-train-track.jpg

I'm not sold on it behind a 100% mirror image but will concede it's close enough to not matter for show timing.
I think you took that from this article (maybe not) but if you check each end and the length of each bypass section is the same. Take one and flip it upside down then lay it on top of the other with the bends on the same end and they are the same.

Reactions: Joel
So that puts one vehicle always on the main and one always on the spur where they pass, no?

So there should be little differences in the show timing, no?
No difference. But because of the curves one train stops in Kings Cross shorter than the other. Hence the moving gates (which are a pain to always remember to move).

Reactions: awhen
More information, via OS.

• Six Stations, at DHS/Epcot/CBR and the Lakeside area of AoA and Pop Century
  • Each Cab will be able to hold 10 people
  • Doppelmayr is the confirmed manufacturer
  • They have tried to keep the project in private, as titled "The Italian Job"

Reactions: jtsalien