Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Muppets Present... Great Moments in American History

Just to be clear I really like the show and I think it's a perfect way to represent the Muppets. I just found myself remembering that this was supposed to be a somewhat immersive themed environment. I don't think Disney respects the level of theming that was originally put into this land and many of the others throughout the resort. As was mentioned they designed this area with quite a bit of detail right down to a representation of the poop running through the street. At this point I don't think there's much of an expectation for Disney to work within their themes, MK and the other parks have become attractions with loose interpretations of a central idea rather than immersive areas to explore. This show is a perfect fit at present, an Imagineer who suggested this in the 70's or 80's would likely lose their job. In any case this was really just a minor observation on my part, I certainly don't mean to detract from praising Disney for actually doing something fairly well I think we all look past theming now at Disney anyway.
This guy has been in Liberty Square since the MK opened.

CH1188-001.jpg

Putting Sam the Eagle and Friends dressed in period costumes is very much with the theme of Liberty Square since it's inception.

Liberty Square@MK is

2011-11-15-12-14-14-2.jpg

The American Pavilion@Epcot is

voices-of-liberty.jpg

And that's that. Send comments to these guys.

tumblr_lrai2xaxX71qml5efo1_500_zpsd54b6dc5.jpg

;)

I don't recall colonial America having a western river with a steamboat on the bank, either. ;)

For the record, it's just comes out dismissive when one posts "well this doesn't belong here". I can't honestly chastise Disney for honing so damn closely to the (loose) theme of Liberty Square, and I just think it's a rather ridiculous and unnecessary argument to make overall. But whatever! :shrug:

Let's just move on...

I think this new show looks absolutely wonderful. Truly funny, but also truly affectionate about American history, and I think it should round out Liberty Square's offerings in a really nice way.

Frankly, I hope the people working on Epcot's possible revitalization study what was done here, because it demonstrates how you can do a show that is IP-based, but is also informative, entertaining, and fits the theme of the area in which it is located.

I think this new show looks absolutely wonderful. Truly funny, but also truly affectionate about American history, and I think it should round out Liberty Square's offerings in a really nice way.

Frankly, I hope the people working on Epcot's possible revitalization study what was done here, because it demonstrates how you can do a show that is IP-based, but is also informative, entertaining, and fits the theme of the area in which it is located.

It should be noted too that the Muppets are actors and have the angle of being part of period pieces for years. This helps them fit into this show more than say, oh, Starlord teaching us about energy use. ;)