Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Star Wars Nightime Entertainment Coming This Spring & Summer

Interested to see the setup of the fireworks show. The only similar kind of show I've seen is Dreams at DLP, which is a bit disappointing for its reliance more on the projections than the fireworks. Hopefully this is better put together.

Interested to see the setup of the fireworks show. The only similar kind of show I've seen is Dreams at DLP, which is a bit disappointing for its reliance more on the projections than the fireworks. Hopefully this is better put together.

You saw Disney Dreams in person and found it disappointing? Jesus.

I've seen some recent aerial shots of DHS and they have already cleared the land beyond LMA where the new fireworks setup will be installed. I'm assuming this is in preparation for this new show. The projection mapping on the castle is very well done so I'm hoping the effect will be the same on the theatre.

I just watched a video of it and I agree. I love projection mapping but that thing should be renamed Disney's Projection Spectacular featuring Fireworks by Universal Orlando.

I just watched a video of it and I agree. I love projection mapping but that thing should be renamed Disney's Projection Spectacular featuring Fireworks by Universal Orlando.

Yea, Dreams, to me, is a slightly better version of Cinematic Spectacular, if only because it has a singular focal point rather than the messy Cinespec

Disney Dreams at DLP is the best fireworks show I've ever seen. I thought the combination of projection, fountains, and fireworks were what a fireworks spectacular should look like today. I watched it twice and would have seen it a third if I had another day in the parks.

The Star Wars Weekends fireworks were already incredibly impressive as it is. This should only be better.

Will the firework show and Fantasmic run the same night? Might be going down for a few nights this summer and I've always enjoyed Fantasmic.

This gets to the exact reason Disney will not able to be topped by Uni until they make massive entertainment improvements. This summer, there will be more nighttime shows than ever at WDW and two new stage shows.

Nighttime entertainment at WDW will include:
1. Celebrate the Magic/Wishes/MSEP - Magic Kingdom
2. Illuminations, Reflections of Earth - Epcot
3. Fantasmic!/Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular - DHS
4. Rivers of Light/TOL Projection show - DAK

New daytime entertainment will include:
1. Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire - Magic Kingdom
2. Star Wars - A Galaxy Far, Far Away - DHS

I love Uni, but people love live entertainment and fireworks shows. Universal has a collection of great rides, among the best in the world for themed rides. But they need to keep up/focus on entertainment much more. Doing things like "Straight Outta Food Truck", while temporary, is embarrassing.

Point being, unless there's a concert or it's HHN, I have no reason to be in those parks past 6 or 7, which means i'm spending less money. As much as we all crap on DHS, it still gets a lot of people through those gates because they've been savvy with entertainment/fireworks shows the past few years and still remain open until 9 or 10 usually.

This gets to the exact reason Disney will not able to be topped by Uni until they make massive entertainment improvements. This summer, there will be more nighttime shows than ever at WDW and two new stage shows.

New daytime entertainment will include:
1. Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire - Magic Kingdom
2. Star Wars - A Galaxy Far, Far Away - DHS

I love Uni, but people love live entertainment and fireworks shows. Universal has a collection of great rides, among the best in the world for themed rides. But they need to keep up/focus on entertainment much more. Doing things like "Straight Outta Food Truck", while temporary, is embarrassing.

Point being, unless there's a concert or it's HHN, I have no reason to be in those parks past 6 or 7, which means i'm spending less money. As much as we all crap on DHS, it still gets a lot of people through those gates because they've been savvy with entertainment/fireworks shows the past few years and still remain open until 9 or 10 usually.
Yes, your points have lots of merit & I strongly agree with them. The shows are one of the main things that's keeping Disney attendance strong while their lack of meaningful new attractions lagged. Myself, I greatly enjoy the Disney shows and attend them multiple times every Disney vacation. I think one of Universal's problems with a "daily" night show, aside from their city location that inhibits boffo fireworks, has been the previously small number of hotel rooms on property. But now, once Sapphire opens along with CBBR , they should have enough on site hotel rooms to help support attendance at a good night time show. I'd make a healthy wager they'll have something new and significantly upgraded over the present night show, ready to go to coincide with Volcano Bay's opening next year.

I'm willing to bet a small fortune you see tremendous upgrades to entertainment over the next 3 years at Universal. Will it be better than that line up at Disney? No.. But still much more respectable and enjoyable than current offerings.

Some of this crap is so old. It's like saying Disney will never top Universal thanks to Dynamite Nights Stunt Spectacular!

I'm willing to bet a small fortune you see tremendous upgrades to entertainment over the next 3 years at Universal. Will it be better than that line up at Disney? No.. But still much more respectable and enjoyable than current offerings.
Agreed, Universal is updating the headliners in all their parks at the moment...Firework shows are second tier...plus, I enjoy Cinematic Spectacular..

Disney also has the space for amazing firework shows...Universal would have to completely change how they do fireworks to have a big show like Wishes

Some of this crap is so old. It's like saying Disney will never top Universal thanks to Dynamite Nights Stunt Spectacular!
Just because some of it is old doesn't mean it doesn't exist (and is still really impressive and popular). I wasn't saying it was all new if you read my post clearly.