Next Gen Nintendo Console | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Gen Nintendo Console

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel a new 3D Mario is almost a certainty for the new system's launch. I also expect to finally see a brand new Mario Kart early in the console's lifespan.

Reactions: Mike S
I feel a new 3D Mario is almost a certainty for the new system's launch. I also expect to finally see a brand new Mario Kart early in the console's lifespan.
What I would do is pair Metroid Prime 4 with Mario Kart at launch and leave 3D Mario for the holiday. Basically repeating the Switch’s year 1 but replacing Zelda with Metroid. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe came out a month after launch and look what it did for the console. After all this time to prepare it Mario Kart 9 could be a monster of a game.

The people over at GameXplain made a pretty good point. If Metroid Prime 4 is a no show at next months Direct it’s very likely that it moved development completely to the Switch 2. This is their last chance to show it off for the OG Switch.
This has been thrown around as an idea for awhile now, and I think it's got some merit. I think Pokemon Z-A and Metroid Prime 4 will end up cross-platform like Twilight Princess and BoTW were for their specific gens. Prime 4 will be availaible and able to run on OG Switch, but I think Prime 4 could be a good baseline to show off the Switch 2's superior hardware and graphical capablities.

I think if we go another June Direct without Prime 4, it's gonna be cross-gen.

I also believe they've been sitting on Mario Kart 9 since before the Booster Course pack got announced. I think it's incredibly likely to be a launch title imho.

Reactions: Mike S
This has been thrown around as an idea for awhile now, and I think it's got some merit. I think Pokemon Z-A and Metroid Prime 4 will end up cross-platform like Twilight Princess and BoTW were for their specific gens. Prime 4 will be availaible and able to run on OG Switch, but I think Prime 4 could be a good baseline to show off the Switch 2's superior hardware and graphical capablities.

I think if we go another June Direct without Prime 4, it's gonna be cross-gen.

I also believe they've been sitting on Mario Kart 9 since before the Booster Course pack got announced. I think it's incredibly likely to be a launch title imho.
To me if it’s not there it means it’s an exclusive to the successor. A cross gen game could still be shown with the other version not really being talked about. Also, unless the next system has some crazy new features to take advantage of that the old one can’t do cross gen won’t be needed if there’s backwards compatibility. A performance boost comes naturally these days.

Surprisingly enough there are people that actually doubted this.

Even if it’s not called Switch 2, that’s essentially what it will be. It’s not going to be a radical departure.