Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nightingales: Blood Prey

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Within every war, the Nightingales have appeared. Able to transform themselves to fit any setting, these savage banshees feed on the weak and the helpless.

Discuss Here!

Live thoughts from the @Orlando_United Twitter:
Going to have to give Nightingales another chance, not sure how I feel about it.

and @Cfl_halloween:
Nightingales play's in the WW2 trenches. Be sure to look up! Nightingales are attacking from all directions!

darn it @Cfl_halloween....its WW1

but I'm disappointed by what i've heard so far about this house....seemed to have alot of potential, guess I'll have to see for myself on Saturday.

It definitely was a very scary house for me, probably one of the scariest out of the 5 I did. Some of the scares kind of reminded me of the intensity of some of Hades' scares last year.

Don't believe the hype. This is definitely a candidate for HOTY already. The scares were intense and its a very, very, very loud house. You guys will love it. I guarantee it.

I have to agree with The Bled. It's very loud and pretty chaotic. And the sounds of the war going on above the trenches sound awesome.
I got teamed up by 3 scareactors for the finale. The flying banshee flew right over me, for a distraction for the nighingale to scare me. Then the soldier to the right of me starting shooting (very loudly).

Don't believe the hype. This is definitely a candidate for HOTY already. The scares were intense and its a very, very, very loud house. You guys will love it. I guarantee it.

Agreed. I went through three separate times and each time I was blown away. Not only that, but the house never held a line during opening night (that I saw). I managed to go through the house two times in a row with literally no wait.

This was the best house I went through last night (did not see Thing or Saws), I was on edge the whole time I was in this house.
And there was basically no line for this house (maybe like 5 minutes) at around 1030.

I heard there is a scene where a solider is ripped in half in this house that only happens every once and a while. Has anyone caught this?

Yup. One of my favorite scenes from the house. It's definitely hard to catch though. I only saw it once out of three walkthroughs.

Tonight was interesting.

I went through twice and the first time, I didn't see anything happen. The second time, I was about halfway down the hallway when it happened (and I could hardly see since everyone else was really tall) and by the time I got up there, he had already reset and was back in place. He was telling people to hurry, when I heard the noise of him being torn apart again. Very very fast.

I really loved this house the first time I went through, but inconsistency seems to be a real problem here. I always feel like it's understaffed (i see a lot of boo holes and actor spaces going uninhabited) and as a result it's really hit or miss as far as scares are concerned. Actor energy is ok, but with the staffing it really needs to be off the charts to make this house as scary as it should be. It easily has the scariest environment and costumes...it's just lacking something. Still, this is my second favorite house this year, as it seems to be a down year for scares across the board (though its certainly a great year for set quality).

Oh, and I run into the scare mentioned above about once in every three times I go through. And it is one of the best at the event. When you get it full blast, it's almost jaw-dropping.

Caught the body rip during Halloween night on my last walkthrough. SO GREAT. Made the house 100000 times better with that one effect.