Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 602 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
lol

Yeah, people know that like we have 10000 Dark rides like a ride can just be another version of a ride but with a very different theme

Metriod would feel nothing like MK

Reactions: Mike S
Metroid would be cool, but I don't think it's the IP they would go for if they wanted to add a dark sci-fi attraction to the park.

Metroid would be cool, but I don't think it's the IP they would go for if they wanted to add a dark sci-fi attraction to the park.
Not now

But we are talking almost 10 years from now when I could see a Metriod ride

By then if there are a few hit games, a movie and maybe even in super smash then who knows..things change

Animal Crossing wasn't HUGE until the Pandemic....Fire Emblem wasn't until the 3DS and Kirby while being big is even bigger now then ever

Not now

But we are talking almost 10 years from now when I could see a Metriod ride

By then if there are a few hit games, a movie and maybe even in super smash then who knows..things change

Animal Crossing wasn't HUGE until the Pandemic....Fire Emblem wasn't until the 3DS and Kirby while being big is even bigger now then ever
We’re gonna take a break on this conversation.

Your logic is that anything can happen over the next decade, so you are justified in speculating. It’s once again, 2 levels of hypothetical. We know how you feel about Nintendo.

If you would like to speculate, please use existing rumors like Zelda, Pokémon, or even Luigi’s mansion coming to Universal.

I think that between Mario Kart and what kind of attraction we could assume they'd go for with Luigi's Mansion, that the "Nintendo ride where you shoot things" concept has been explored well, at least for Epic Universe where these rides would all sit near each other.

I guess I'm pondering what kind of different rides they could add to balance out the area as a whole there.

Reactions: Nico
I'm not the biggest fan of "every ride needs to be interactive" trend. I just want more rides to ride without having to do anything lol

Obviously a "Boo Blaster" would be expected for Luigi's Haunted Mansion, but I almost wouldn't mind a traditional technologically advanced classic dark ride like Disney's Haunted Mansion.

I'm not the biggest fan of "every ride needs to be interactive" trend. I just want more rides to ride without having to do anything lol

Obviously a "Boo Blaster" would be expected for Luigi's Haunted Mansion, but I almost wouldn't mind a traditional technologically advanced classic dark ride like Disney's Haunted Mansion.
Not every ride needs to be interactive, but these are video game rides. They should almost always be interactive. DK only gets a pass because it's a game accurate Mine Cart coaster, and it's near impossible to add interactivity to a coaster (much less a prototype).

Reactions: Nico
That’s what I was thinking as well, but MK already has shooting elements.
Kind of putting a hat on a hat.
Mario Kart doesn’t have a ton of animatronics.
Guys, Metroid does not have the mass appeal to justify a theme park attraction. Beyond perhaps some merchandise, it's not coming to the parks anytime soon.
I know. I was only answering a question about ideas for a ride.
Not every ride needs to be interactive, but these are video game rides. They should almost always be interactive. DK only gets a pass because it's a game accurate Mine Cart coaster, and it's near impossible to add interactivity to a coaster (much less a prototype).
I’m not a fan of everything being interactive either but Metroid just fits into that mold far too well. As an example, I wouldn’t want the Zelda ride or the idea of the Super Mario Galaxy Coaster to be interactive.

I think a Mario Kart and Luigi's Mansion ride should be interactive in some way, I'm open to the idea of a Pokemon ride having some interactivity, but the Zelda boat ride and Mine Kart Madness/anything DKC don't need anything interactive and I honestly think shouldn't have them. A Zelda Dungeon escape room is one thing, but the ride should be able to stand on it's own like a Potter or Lord of the Rings can.

Reactions: Mike S
I love Wario and do think they should figure out a way to include that character down the line even if it's a small cameo since it's weird he was snubbed from the Mario land without getting any recognition.

Giving a mini land to Wario's spinoff games is a tougher sell though than other character spinoffs in the Mario world given how much more niche it is than the rest. (Donkey Kong Country, Yoshi's Island, Luigi's Mansion)
I think Wario's only presence is his likeness on the pattern of different Mario racers we see in the backdrop of certain parts of the Mario Kart preshow. I really hope they find a way to implement him someday as well.

Also, I still feel like an easy way to represent other properties would be just adding more cameos here and there, like 8-bit Power-up band spots that have an 8-Bit Link for example. 3D World did have one after all. They could also try and find a way to implement a few cameos of other IPs that would fit in the Mario universe on the Toadstool Cafe screens; I know I mentioned Kirby for that before but I think Pikmin could also work, you could probably see a few Pikmin carrying a coin or other antics for example.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I think Wario's only presence is his likeness on the pattern of different Mario racers we see in the backdrop of certain parts of the Mario Kart preshow. I really hope they find a way to implement him someday as well.

Also, I still feel like an easy way to represent other properties would be just adding more cameos here and there, like 8-bit Power-up band spots that have an 8-Bit Link for example. 3D World did have one after all. They could also try and find a way to implement a few cameos of other IPs that would fit in the Mario universe on the Toadstool Cafe screens; I know I mentioned Kirby for that before but I think Pikmin could also work, you could probably see a few Pikmin carrying a coin or other antics for example.
I wonder if after they make a Pokemon and Zelda land, maybe they could make a general Nintendo/smash bros land to represent the properties who aren't big enough to hold down their own lands

I would love a Metroid ride that's like Disney's Dinosaur where you adventuring through a space pirate infected planet and then the ride system turns into a Coaster in the climax to replicate the game element of Samus trying to es ale from a exploding planet

maybe they could make a general Nintendo/smash bros land to represent the properties who aren't big enough to hold down their own lands
I moreso think of a Universal owned Nintendo Park, but it feels like that might be in the far distant future, since I think that'd depend on how well the upcoming Frisco park does. Really hope Nintendo and Universal would still be up for working together by then, but they probably will be if they're still making movies by then.