No More Expiration Option at Disney? | Inside Universal Forums

No More Expiration Option at Disney?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 30, 2011
According to Theme Park Insider, WDW no longer offers guests the opportunity to purchase tickets with no expiration date. Checking out the site, and sure enough, the option is no longer available. Apparently this option was not available at Disneyland, so this brings WDW in line with the park in California. But, is this another take away? Is this a good thing? Bad thing? An oversight?

Your opinions.

Just another way to increase profits. They are going to nickel and dime their "guests" to death.

Every time I go to Disney I feel like I need a shower afterwards.

It probably means disney is anticipating raising prices.
If Universal raises gate price once Transformers,Simpsons,WWoHP 2 are open.(99 gate price)
Disney will follow along .
Or Disney plans to change pricing with the next gen system enough that no expire tickets are a good deal.

Can disney just offer rebate for what you paid and make you use that to purchase current price tickets?

I noticed this when I bought my tickets back in November. Didn't think much of it because I didn't even need the 14 days when I went. I thought it was weird, but since I hadn't bought tickets there in sooo long I figured it had changed long before that.

If you call Disney's reservation center, you can still purchase the no expiration option. I just bought a 10 day hopper with no expiration for $692.

If you call Disney's reservation center, you can still purchase the no expiration option. I just bought a 10 day hopper with no expiration for $692.

WOW!!! HOLY FAT MILK COW!!!!

A 14 day Flex Ticket with unlimited access to Universal Studios Florida, Islands of Adventure, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Aquatica, Wet and Wild, and CityWalk is $328

WOW!!! HOLY FAT MILK COW!!!!

A 14 day Flex Ticket with unlimited access to Universal Studios Florida, Islands of Adventure, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Aquatica, Wet and Wild, and CityWalk is $328

Yeah but the 10 day no expiration ticket usually lasts my wife and I at least 3/4 years.

One hopper for $692 or both (for yourself and your wife) for that price?

I hope that's for both of you, because an AP costs $611.31 (or $452.63 for FL residents)

Last edited:
One hopper for $692 or both (for yourself and your wife) for that price?

I hope that's for both of you, because an AP costs $611.31 (or $452.63 for FL residents)

It is for one person. We live in NJ and we try to get to Orlando 1-3 times per year(basically weekend trips). When we go we usually do 1 day Disney, 1 day Universal. The 10 park hopper lasts us a long, long time.

If you call Disney, you can still add that option. I called them just to see since I couldn't find it on the new site and it wasn't a problem. My Dad was also able to get the no expiration option through AAA yesterday, and according to a few others I've spoken too, the option is still available at the ticket booths at the parks and at the ticket desks in the hotels.

I'm not sure why it's not on the new site, but for now the option is still available via phone or at the parks.

If you call Disney, you can still add that option. I called them just to see since I couldn't find it on the new site and it wasn't a problem. My Dad was also able to get the no expiration option through AAA yesterday, and according to a few others I've spoken too, the option is still available at the ticket booths at the parks and at the ticket desks in the hotels.

I'm not sure why it's not on the new site, but for now the option is still available via phone or at the parks.
They are trying to maximize profits. Although the "no expiration date" pass is more expensive up front, in the long run Disney loses money, because of price increases. By the way, I hear a HUGE price increase is coming later this year.

Also the new web site doesn't show "all available options" when booking resort rooms. If you specifically ask for The Contemporary, don't be surprised if all they show are the more expensive "Theme Park View" options. But if you call you will find out there are plenty of Bay View rooms available.

You gotta love the way Disney manipulates people into spending more money. "Is that Mickey squeezing my Royal Jewels?"

Last edited:
Yes, the no expiration in the long run they lose money. For example, people that visit me buy a 10 day, no expiration, park hopper ticket. They may spend $61 a day now, but they will only go two days each time they are here. Which would cost them $88 a day if they were forced to buy a two day pass. They visit multiple times in a year so they don't have to do the whole park experience every time. They don't go enough in one year to make an out of state annual worth it. Plus they bought them awhile ago when it was cheaper than that. I have one pass that I paid $41 a day for and it never expires. I hope they don't get rid of it, because it really saves my family a ton of money.

We have 16 days worth of non expiring tickets with PH left to use. They work out great for us since we usually hit Disney for 2 or 3 days a trip and use our AP at USO for the rest of our time there. We can get a lot of trips done with that option. It just makes sense for us. If they get rid of those then we will be done with Disney.