Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Part of what they showed investors is a sizzle reel with Ewan McGregor saying the following:

“The most beautiful thing of all [about the series] is that it’s brought me back together with Hayden,” and adding that the two will have “another swing at each other” before the end of the series.

I.... have not slept since this news basically lol. Watched Ep. 2 & 3 immediately. Say what you want about the prequels, but these two were my childhood.

Great news to see Ewan take another go at Kenobi, but does it really matter who is in the Darth suit? :shrug:

So Vader not to be the only villain and Temuera Morrison will be in the show. Is Morrison of the right age to portray Cody or will de-aging be needed?

Cody as one of if not the main villain is a really smart move. Cad Bane would also work well since he is Bounty Hunter who is equipped to kill Jedi but they might be saving his death for a Boba Show since he was suppose to duel young fett. Or Embo since he most likely also dead by the time of a new hope.

A group made up for Cody, a Bounty Hunter, an inquisitor, a Mandalorian and a special kinda storm trooper/death trooper would be really cool

(never mind on Embo...guess he lives to the New Republic and gets a farm for helping them)

I could see an 8-episode season of Cody chasing Obi-Wan down, throwing the best the empire has after him. Then final 2 episodes Obi-Wan finally faces Cody and either captures him and removes the Order 66 chip, or is faced with killing him. They explored this in the last few episodes of Clone Wars, but a deep dive in it could be really interesting.

I agree: Cody would be an interesting antagonist to go after Obi-Wan, as it could allow us to see how the troopers change more properly with leadership roles on the hunt for Jedi. And how that then works for his squadrons and groups.

I agree: Cody would be an interesting antagonist to go after Obi-Wan, as it could allow us to see how the troopers change more properly with leadership roles on the hunt for Jedi. And how that then works for his squadrons and groups.
It would be kinda dark but would make it mean more as well if Cody was demoted after the video of Obi Wan/Yoda in temple got out and since Cody didn't kill him its the last chance to prove clones aren't worthless to the Empire. Plus Cody might want revenge for Obi wan killing his brothers. I feel they can make a strong connection for the two since Vader and Maul most likely wont be able to go after him without changing the timeline

So I was thinking about it and do you guys think we’ll see a young Ahsoka Tano fight alongside Obi-Wan? She’d be around what, 25 or so around this time period?

So I was thinking about it and do you guys think we’ll see a young Ahsoka Tano fight alongside Obi-Wan? She’d be around what, 25 or so around this time period?
I'm in the minority that thinks some of these shows...can just be a good story on there own. We don't need every character getting a call back or be a major part of the show. If they want to do flash backs and have Ashoka pop up cool, But at least from Rebels, it doesn't seem like they have talked since Clone Wars.

Obi wan to me is going to be less about connecting dots and more a way to just have some good actors finally get a chance to do so. The Prequels acting sucks because they were directed so poorly along with the bad writing. Now its time for these actors to show off and be like "yeah we could have been even better if the prequels were written/directed by someone else"

I'm in the minority that thinks some of these shows...can just be a good story on there own. We don't need every character getting a call back or be a major part of the show. If they want to do flash backs and have Ashoka pop up cool, But at least from Rebels, it doesn't seem like they have talked since Clone Wars.

Obi wan to me is going to be less about connecting dots and more a way to just have some good actors finally get a chance to do so. The Prequels acting sucks because they were directed so poorly along with the bad writing. Now its time for these actors to show off and be like "yeah we could have been even better if the prequels were written/directed by someone else"
I agree that these Star Wars doesn't need to be the MCU. But it would make sense for Ahsoka to be there given she was originally Anakin's Palawan, right?

I agree that these Star Wars doesn't need to be the MCU. But it would make sense for Ahsoka to be there given she was originally Anakin's Palawan, right?
She was but this show is about him. I think Cody makes sense because he was the closest Clone to him and someone was also pointing out Hondo (not as a villain) but as someone else who could show up who knows him.

I at least would like this show to have no Jedi in it but flashbacks or Ghosts. We for sure are getting a Qui Gon Ghost like we were suppose to in Episode 3.

She was but this show is about him. I think Cody makes sense because he was the closest Clone to him and someone was also pointing out Hondo (not as a villain) but as someone else who could show up who knows him.

I at least would like this show to have no Jedi in it but flashbacks or Ghosts. We for sure are getting a Qui Gon Ghost like we were suppose to in Episode 3.
I’m not suggesting Ahsoka be a main character, but more like an appearance where it makes sense possibly.

I’m not suggesting Ahsoka be a main character, but more like an appearance where it makes sense possibly.
In a Flash back, yes that would make sense but no one really is suppose to know Obi Wan is alive. At least in Rebels it's only found out through both a Sith/Jedi Holocrom. Also she doesn't know who Vader is until she meets Vader...so it just opens the doors to more questions.

In a Flash back, yes that would make sense but no one really is suppose to know Obi Wan is alive. At least in Rebels it's only found out through both a Sith/Jedi Holocrom. Also she doesn't know who Vader is until she meets Vader...so it just opens the doors to more questions.
Honestly, this whole series opens up serious canonical questions.

Honestly, this whole series opens up serious questions about canon.
I mean, it doesn't have to. If its about Obi Wan mainly about him reflecting on his past and goes on a journey that the wills him on and he does not meet other Jedi (besides force ghosts) then I think it can make sense but if he meets people from Rebelsm Clone Wars...or Fallen order it starts bringing up why the hell don't the Jedi just band together and beat the Empire.

Why do I kind of get the sense that she'll be playing Satine in flashbacks? Considering TCW is fully canon, bringing her into the fold in flashbacks of Obi-Wan's mind might be an interesting ploy. Especially if he's learning force ghost tricks.