Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

One Ocean & Theatrical Whale Shows to End Dec 31

Apr 29, 2013
Florida
It’s now official that Orca Encounter is moving in at the start of the new year. One Ocean is having it’s final show at 5pm on December 31. They will also be preforming Miracles and Light Up The Night later in the evening as one final send off to the theatrical whale shows.

I already miss the One Ocean soundtrack...

It’s now official that Orca Encounter is moving in at the start of the new year. One Ocean is having it’s final show at 5pm on December 31. They will also be preforming Miracles and Light Up The Night later in the evening as one final send off to the theatrical whale shows.

I already miss the One Ocean soundtrack...
Honestly, I wish they'd expand and re-imagine the entire whale habitat to be a more dynamic experience

It'd be nice if the stadium got the overhaul that San Diego did for this "show." I'm assuming it's more of like an edutainment experience like it used to be before Believe?

It'd be nice if the stadium got the overhaul that San Diego did for this "show." I'm assuming it's more of like an edutainment experience like it used to be before Believe?

Supposedly the newly installed screen (which is very good to be fair) is the entire budget for this new show. We may see some touch ups and paintwork but other than that I wouldn't expect too much.

Honestly, most people won't know the difference between the One Ocean show and the new one. The whales only do so many behaviors, it's just the music and the presentation of those behaviors changing.
It's going back to the old 90's type shows honestly...Which I'm not against

Orca Encounter has opened early and One Ocean has now ended.

Miracles and Shamu's Celebration Light Up the Night will still be showing tomorrow night as a send off to theatrical shows.

Looks like they do the same stuff but with sucky music and they don't do the bit where the orca shakes it's head no until it gets a whole cooler of fish to eat.

I like the way they did it in San Diego better

Truthfully, I love seeing the whales perform natural behaviors that are common in the wild...They've always kind of done that, but it's nice to learn about what they're doing. It seems Orlando was too scared to commit fully to the new format.