Oogie Boogie Bash | Inside Universal Forums

Oogie Boogie Bash

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I didn’t see a separate thread for this. They teased some new characters for this year. It was Agatha all along….

I'm really excited to see Cruella and Agatha in the parks. Kind of sad COVID ruined the ability to promote a walkaround Cruella in the parks based on the new movie like they did for Maleficent when that remake came out.

Trekked to DLR and got to experience this. What a considerably better experience than our Boo Bash and even its own Mickey's Halloween Party from a few years back, even with the WOC show missing. The characters in the treat trails really add so much and Villains Grove was WEIRD but ultimately really cool as far as a walk-through. Was fully expecting characters there as well though so slightly disappointing.

Ok, I am really intrested in going to this but are tickets that hard to get?
if you're online when the tickets drop, I like your odds. but the event does sell out and often relatively quickly. that's essentially true for all of the after hours hard-ticket events at this point.

Reactions: jarmor
As someone who went for the "First Fright" in 2019, I don't find this event to be worth the price or the hassle. I've toyed with the idea of giving it a second chance, but with the increased price & same offerings... as I said, it's not worth it.

I know some enjoy it & that's great, but the daytime spooky offerings at DCA are way better than this event.

As someone who went for the "First Fright" in 2019, I don't find this event to be worth the price or the hassle. I've toyed with the idea of giving it a second chance, but with the increased price & same offerings... as I said, it's not worth it.

I know some enjoy it & that's great, but the daytime spooky offerings at DCA are way better than this event.
I personally thought it was one of the best Disney events I’ve ever been to. The character interactions were so fun and the spooky trail was really something you’d see at HHN. I went in 2021.

Reactions: ParksandSights
Got in the queue a little before 12PM PT and been in it since lol looks like this year wont be my year. Is the only way to get tickets online?

Got in the queue a little before 12PM PT and been in it since lol looks like this year wont be my year. Is the only way to get tickets online?
The computer at work got me in 2 hours and 53 minutes. My phone took 5. Another site said it’s common for it to be 4-6 hours every year. I didn’t remember this from 2019. One day these sites will get down online ticketing???

The computer at work got me in 2 hours and 53 minutes. My phone took 5. Another site said it’s common for it to be 4-6 hours every year. I didn’t remember this from 2019. One day these sites will get down online ticketing???

It took 5 hours for me a couple years ago. Their system is trash. It’s also the reason I didn’t get a ticket to the Disneyland Half Marathon.

Reactions: Grabnar
It took 5 hours for me a couple years ago. Their system is trash. It’s also the reason I didn’t get a ticket to the Disneyland Half Marathon.
Their system is truly terrible. I ended up going the charity route for WDW after the nightmare that was DL weekend

Lets announce these villains....after tickets are sold out

like other haunt events, i wish they could announce ahead of times these kinda things....I would be interested in both these characters but had zero idea they were even on the table for this year

Reactions: Grabnar
Yanno', I recalled last year the creative teams were teasing they have a character in mind for this year that'll blow everyone's minds/break the internet etc...I hope either of these characters weren't who they were talking about, as that's a bit of a letdown.

As a preface, Judge Doom is an iconic villain, no doubt about that. But not mind-blowing to see him as a character, not that hard to dress someone up in all black. Now if they wanted to get intriguing, they'd be showing off his Toon side and that would be more interesting to see how they pull that off.

As for Yokai, pretty obvious they're doing this to tie in with San Fransokyo. As with Judge Doom, not a hard character to dress up. And he'd only be interesting if they'd have some sort of effect for the nanobots.

EDIT - It just hit me that if I'm gonna' mention these two characters as being a letdown if they were being hyped to blow our minds, I might as well give what I think would've actually lived up to the hype. For me, that would be a character that is not only fitting for the event, but at the same time feels like a fat chance in heck that they would ever be a character in a Disney park for a multitude of reasons.

Mickey...possessed by Julius a la' Runaway Brain. Now that would send me (and probably many others) for a loop. There's also an easter egg in the queue for Runaway Railway of Dr. Frankenollie's newspaper ad, so they're still acknowledging it exists.

Last edited:
Reactions: saint.piss