Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Our Commitment to Equality and Our Support for Black Lives Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
As many of you are aware, we are in the midst of a growing movement; not just within the United States, but throughout the world. It should come to no surprise to anyone who has followed us on social media that we fully support the Black Lives Matter protests, and will continue to do what we can to amplify the voices of those who feel they've been treated unjustly by the very system they expect to protect them.

Supporting Black Lives Matter is not prioritizing the life of one ethnicity over the other, but showing our support to end the systemic racism and white supremacists that afflicts our nation. Personally speaking, as someone who comes from a melting pot of diverse backgrounds, with family members that have survived the Holocaust and Castro's rise in Cuba - I am very well-versed in the plagues of oppression. However, for all intents and purposes - my skin is white, so therefore I am a white man and I acknowledge the privilege of that.

The system is broken, and there are those within that system that exploit it for their benefit. We've seen countless videos of peaceful protestors, of all races, become the targets of excessive force. It is undeniable, given the footage and accounts emerging from cities nationwide, that a significant number of police forces across the country have contributed to and exacerbated this broken system. It is not unfair to say police forces are long overdue for reform, and we support and encourage any efforts to make the system safer, fairer, and more humane to people of color.

I've asked the Staff to follow my lead and change their avatar to black to support this cause. I want people who read these boards to know that while we are discussing theme parks, which are ultimately nothing in comparison to their fight, we do see them and we hear them. This is not a political debate, but a moral one. It's about being a decent human being.

Let's make one thing clear, however, we are not supportive of any violent, escalating, or unnecessarily instigating behavior from the police, or any other entity trying to antagonize the movement. We encourage everyone to exercise their right to peaceful protest as the Constitution of the United States allows them to. Although hate comes from ignorance, ignorance does not necessarily come from hate. There other images or phrases that have become a symbol for those trying to hijack a movement of human rights, and while we hope the protests are as peaceful as possible and wish no harm to any human being, using any phrase that is intentionally antagonistic will be removed from our site immediately.

As far as Inside Universal is concerned, I pride myself on knowing the Staff on the forums and the Editorial Staff on our main site share the same ideals and will continue to promote justice, equality, and acceptance. As Editor-in-Chief, I will continue to do what I can to make sure Inside Universal is an inclusive one regardless of gender, race, or religion.

We suggest any donations can be made to the following:

In addition, several theme park haunt blogs/podcasts have started "Helping Haunts" to raise money for the https://minnesotafreedomfund.org in love and remembrance for George Floyd.

Any member who donates to any of these funds will automatically be given a lifetime VIP Status on this site. Of course, you could just donate to donate as well.

Besides donating, the biggest difference you can make is by voting for change. Make sure you are registered and up-to-date. If you feel unsafe due to fears of COVID, or anything that could prevent you from going to your local voting booth, many states allow voting-by-mail, which I highly recommend requesting now. Another note, while there are other issues in the spotlight right now; it is June, which is recognized as Pride Month. We want to take a moment to acknowledge those in the LGBTQ+ community who are also fighting for equality. You are loved and are always welcomed here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.