Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Forums

You really cant go anywhere on these forums and not find some kind of conversation that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread at hand. Can we just freaking start a thread for off topic conversations? I feel like that's all I ever run into anyways nowadays.
Very true. I am thinking of just starting a new thread for each off topic conversation that goes on for more than a few posts.

As forum members tho, we all need to be more aware of where we are posting. If you notice you are off topic, then you should make a new thread for the new topic and continue your conversation there, or you should find a pre existing thread that covers the off topic topic. (Of course link to the new thread for the conversation on the old thread.)

Does that make sense?

i just realized OI closed their forums. lol I had no idea.
Yeah, they're doing some kind of Facebook community instead. Speaking of OI. What happened to their California OI? There hasn't been a posting over there, on their Main Page or Forums, for apx. 2 months. They kind of just melted away.

Very true. I am thinking of just starting a new thread for each off topic conversation that goes on for more than a few posts.

As forum members tho, we all need to be more aware of where we are posting. If you notice you are off topic, then you should make a new thread for the new topic and continue your conversation there, or you should find a pre existing thread that covers the off topic topic. (Of course link to the new thread for the conversation on the old thread.)

Does that make sense?
They'll be a thousand threads in a week. No one will be able to find anything. ;)

They'll be a thousand threads in a week. No one will be able to find anything. ;)
Lol You're not wrong. Still...
I used to frequent another forum and they had a whole section dedicated to off topic discussion called the "Coffee House." I know we have one like it but I really liked that name. :)

VIP is add free? I just looked and couldn't even find where you can become VIP, cost, or benefits. It is too early in the morning for my brain to function to be honest with you though.
Yes, it's add free. And it helps to contribute to the financial well being and existence of the OU Forums.

Yes, it's add free. And it helps to contribute to the financial well being and existence of the OU Forums.
And it really saves data on your phone not loading all the ads up!

And it really saves data on your phone not loading all the ads up!

I have so much data that is not an issue. But this jumping to the bottom is getting annoying on the app. I use my PC during the weekdays 75% of the time and it isn't an issue. However, on the weekends I use the app more. Still don't see where VIP information is on here. I will wait for @BriMan to get on and tell me.

I have so much data that is not an issue. But this jumping to the bottom is getting annoying on the app. I use my PC during the weekdays 75% of the time and it isn't an issue. However, on the weekends I use the app more. Still don't see where VIP information is on here. I will wait for @BriMan to get on and tell me.
Go to your profile. Hit the drop down box. And click on "Account Upgrade"

I always use my phone so it's worse for me. Can you just block trivago @BriMan? It's the only one that does it.

I always use my phone so it's worse for me. Can you just block trivago @BriMan? It's the only one that does it.

It is not just trivago. I now get it for other stuff. I just upgraded to VIP. I imagine it takes a bit to kick in, so looking forward to when it does. Luckily I will be on my PC for a couple more hours.

Woo Hoo. Ad free now. Should have done this years ago, not sure why I didn't to be honest with you. I have to say the pages load faster now with no ads. @Mike S I highly recommend just upgrading to VIP.