Paramount+ | Inside Universal Forums

Paramount+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Another streaming service is upon us. Or should I say existing ones are being smart and combining to create something more appetizing after the recent ViacomCBS re-merger. They're basically putting all of their stuff in one place rather than separate services.

"Merging existing Viacom and CBS streaming services while adding library content. The new streaming platform will combine CBS's shows that have been available on CBS All Access with Viacom's conglomeration of channels including Pluto TV, Nickelodeon, BET, MTV, Comedy Central and Paramount Pictures. The base package will include ads and shows from all of the channels listed above excluding Showtime. Viewers can choose to upgrade to an ad-free package or a premium package that includes Showtime. All of the plans are slated to be less than $9.99."

Showtime, Star Trek Shows, Twilight Zone, Comedy Central, Paramount Library, and Nickelodeon Library for less than $9.99? Not saying i'm in, but i'd definitely at the very least check out the ad-supported version and maybe pay premium on a month-by-month basis for Showtime.

Didn’t say if Survivor would be on here, I’d assume so. There’s now gonna be literally 40 seasons to watch after this next one lol.

CBS All-Access relaunches as Paramount+ on March 4th. Paramount+ will be immediately expanding to international markets upon it's launch month with the service launching in Latin America on March 4th and launching in the Nordics on March 25th. It will be launching in Australia mid-2021. The service has 17.9M subscribers as now before the rebranding. It's amazing to me that a lesser service like this has a better international roll out plan than HBO Max currently has.

Additionally, the US premiere of Spongebob: Sponge on the Run will debut on Paramount+ instead of a theatrical or PVOD release.

Last edited:
*DEEEP BREATH*

• Theatrical Films will be released 45 days after theatrical release, on Paramount+ exclusively (starting with MI7 and A Quiet Place: Part II)
  • Nickelodeon is launching Avatar Studios, with new projects in development for Paramount+ including a theatrical animated film set in the Avatar/Korra Universe in development.
  • Halo is moving to Paramount+
  • The next Paranormal Activity will be launching exclusively on Paramount+
  • Beavis & Butthead is getting a movie on Paramount+
  • Pet Semetary will continue on Paramount+ as a new feature-length film
ah, and Fraiser is back. Though surely that's not a big deal.

Seems like they’ve taken a good look at what Universal’s doing and geared it towards a post-Covid world, although I think 45 days is waiting too long and should be more around 30.

Daft Punk died so that Avatar can reach its full glory. This has me super excited, the original creators are the studio heads too!

The longer the Avatar franchises lives, the more chances we get it in the parks.

Also, I'm glad we're finally getting a theatrical Avatar release.

Last edited:
  • The next Paranormal Activity will be launching exclusively on Paramount+

Interesting. On one hand, seeing those movies with a reactive audience can be a huge part of the fun. On the other hand, I think the found footage-adjacent approach still works in home viewing (especially alone, in the dark).

• Pet Semetary will continue on Paramount+ as a new feature-length film

That's an odd choice to turn into a franchise. There have been three movies based on (or inspired by) the book so far, and I'm not sure how much new ground there could be to cover.

I know this has already been litigated on much of the Internet but what Avatar things would you want to see?

My choices:

Kyoshi series/film a must

A Team Aang show as they age out of importance. A show that takes place in the last year of Aang's life, where his ambitions and dreams for the future come up against reality and the dawning realization of his increased mortality.

Birth of Ba Sing Se

New avatar in a 21st century analogous world (so probably lots of smartphones and memes)

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of reboots, rehashes, remakes, prequels, and belated sequels. I'm sure there'll be a handful of worthwhile items, but overall, I'm not impressed - Viacom has never managed to develop a convincing brand identity, and the Paramount+ recycling of the same dozen dusty IPs probably isn't going to blow any minds.

Funny to see the term "made-for-streaming" (aka the new "made for television) in official parlance, though.

Reactions: belloq87 and Legacy
Funny to see the term "made-for-streaming" (aka the new "made for television) in official parlance, though.
I laughed at that, too. I'm not sure why they felt the need to add that as most movies on streamers suck anyway. Netflix has a movie slated for release on every week of the this year (three this week alone) and the percentage of those that will end up being really good films is very minimal. Probably in the lower single digits.

The key to a streaming movie is to be enjoyable and not to overstay its welcome. A marketing key is to not call it a streaming movie. If you treat it like it's the same as what would come out in theaters but you're getting it *included*, it's more likely to make you stay subscribed as long you enjoy a movie every now and again.

Reactions: Clive
I will say i'm interested in how the Halo show turns out as I think that has a chance to be their Mandalorian.

As a reality TV fan, i'm was pleasantly surprised to hear that Road Rules is returning. Hopefully this will help give us some new and worthy competitors for The Challenge that are actually from one of the shows that The Challenge originated from.

Reactions: Legacy
I will say i'm interested in how the Halo show turns out as I think that has a chance to be their Mandalorian.

As a reality TV fan, i'm was pleasantly surprised to hear that Road Rules is returning. Hopefully this will help give us some new and worthy competitors for The Challenge that are actually from one of the shows that The Challenge originated from.
I just need more Survivor content, and get the International versions of that and Big Brother.