Paramount+ | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Paramount+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Problem is, CBS doesn’t own those shows outside of the US. Endemic Shine does, which was owned by Disney (from the Fox sale) until just recently.
Think the SEG (Survivor entertainment group) has some control over their international licensing, maybe not for streaming but I know the US Version has influence I believe if not provides the show itself ya know.

Idk exactly how these things work but that’s my understanding of it for survivor

I will say i'm interested in how the Halo show turns out as I think that has a chance to be their Mandalorian.

As a reality TV fan, i'm was pleasantly surprised to hear that Road Rules is returning. Hopefully this will help give us some new and worthy competitors for The Challenge that are actually from one of the shows that The Challenge originated from.
Yeah. The Road Rules news perked my attention up. And I’m excited for Challenge All Stars.

Reactions: Nick
So I took up on their 50% off offer (today's the last day) which is $50 for a year (no commercials). If you want to spend a little less money, the commercial version is $30 for the year with discount. I figured i'm probably gonna be signing up for at least 3-4 months worth within the next year anyway between The Challenge All-Stars, Big Brother Live Feeds, Halo, and Road Rules, so I might as well just drop the $50 and get a year.

The original content + the movies like MI:7 & A Quiet Place 2 making their way to the service 45 days after theatrical debut will easily make it worth it.

So browsing just a bit and yeah, the catalog for Paramount+ is better than CBS All Access, but only marginally since a lot of their movies are still licensed out to Netflix. It's also not an easy service to navigate. I will say that they probably have the best stand-up comedy catalog outside of Netflix (which for me is a big plus as I like that type of stuff). However, it's puzzling as to why they didn't put Starz content in here with everything else. I feel like that would've made this truly feel like a more Premium product and they could've charged more for it because of that content being on the service.

I'm not disappointed as I wasn't expecting this to be a top tier service, i'm just not overly impressed yet though either. We'll see what the quality of the originals are as they come out. The launch day originals are sort of meh, although I am sort of interested in the "76 Days" documentary about the beginning of the COVID spread in Wuhan. These aren't why I signed up though, so once again, it's not a disappointment, just not overly impressed.

Paramount+ has every old school Nickelodeon show (all that, doug, invader zim, etc) which makes it worth its price alone.

Reactions: Nico
Legends of the Hidden Temple?
Sadly could not find that. but it does have every double dare episode from as far back as 1988.
It has rocket power, cat dog, jimmy neutron, rugrats, are you afraid of the dark, Amanda show, Kenan and Kel, Hey Arnold, angry beavers, wild thornburry’s, aah real monsters, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko’s modern life, chalk zone, Clarissa explains it all, fairly odd parents, drake and josh, neds declassified, as told by ginger. And I assume more to come.

ah.The memories.

Reactions: Nico
And for those who grew up on Comedy Central and MTV in the 90’s-00’s. Shows such as crank Yankers, Beavis and butt-head, next, the hills, the challenge, the real world, silent library, cribs, clone high,

A lot of the MTV catalog at the very least is leaving me wanting. Just for instance, MTV Unplugged only has 8 random episodes (this has been a running series since 1989 that still to this day gets the hottest acts of today on to perform.) VH1 Storytellers - same deal. Also, absolutely no Road Rules seasons, seasons missing from The Real World, The first 10 seasons missing from The Challenge, MTV Cribs is missing a ton, etc, etc.

This isn't just limited to MTV though, there's missing episodes or seasons all over the service, which is a bit disappointing. I know Paramount basically had licensed a whole slew of their content away before they really committed to streaming, so that's probably why a lot is missing and I expect it'll get better over time, but right now it leaves some to be desired.

However, I signed up for certain reasons like being able to have access to some Paramount films 45 days after theatrical release (A Quiet Place 2 will be first), The Challenge: All Stars being exclusive to the service and their Halo series that's coming. And for what I paid, getting a full year with no commercials was a pretty good deal. As I said in my original review of the service, I think this service has the best collection of stand-up specials only behind Netflix, which is nice to have as something just to throw on.

Yall need to watch The Stand. Straight up amazing, although the chronology in the first two or three episodes seems like it might be jarring if you're not a Stand nerd like me.

Yall need to watch The Stand. Straight up amazing, although the chronology in the first two or three episodes seems like it might be jarring if you're not a Stand nerd like me.
I know someone who is a fan of the book and expressed interest in it, I just haven't gotten around to it. Between all of the streamers, there's just too much to watch. It's great that so much is being made and so many people are getting work, but there's just not enough time in the day for all of it. I spend way too much time deciding what I want to watch because of being overwhelmed by choices.

We just finished it. Having never read the book or seen previous adaptations, we found it entertaining but light on character development and weirdly paced. Granted, it definitely seems like the story needs more breathing room than even nine episodes can give it.

We just finished it. Having never read the book or seen previous adaptations, we found it entertaining but light on character development and weirdly paced. Granted, it definitely seems like the story needs more breathing room than even nine episodes can give it.
It's definitely best served by reading the uncut novel, or even the graphic novels if you swing that way, but I think it's even a better adaptation than the ABC miniseries.

The only thing I've watched on Paramount+ are Sponge On The Run some old VH1 Storytellers episodes. I think I might watch a MTV Diary or Unplugged for the nostalgia. Hope they add them all!

Just finished watching season 1 of The Real World and watched all three episodes that have aired home The Real World: Homecoming.

That first season was such an interesting take on reality TV and to see them all together again is so interesting and it’s also fascinating how little has actually changed about who these people actually are since 1992.

Just finished watching season 1 of The Real World and watched all three episodes that have aired home The Real World: Homecoming.

That first season was such an interesting take on reality TV and to see them all together again is so interesting and it’s also fascinating how little has actually changed about who these people actually are since 1992.

I am really really really enjoying the Homecoming special. Hope they do it for future seasons but for now this one is great.