Percy Jackson and the Olympians | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just watched the first episode. I’d watch the second but it’s getting late. From someone who hasn’t read the books or even seen the two movies, I really enjoyed the first episode and can’t wait for the rest of the season.

This has the chance to be a crowning series of Disney+ long term. Having a big show that isn’t Marvel or Star Wars can’t be underestimated as not everyone likes those brands or has grown a bit tired of them.

Just watched the first episode. I’d watch the second but it’s getting late. From someone who hasn’t read the books or even seen the two movies, I really enjoyed the first episode and can’t wait for the rest of the season.

This has the chance to be a crowning series of Disney+ long term. Having a big show that isn’t Marvel or Star Wars can’t be underestimated as not everyone likes those brands or has grown a bit tired of them.

Twitter is buzzing like crazy right now. Looks like Disney finally has an HBO-like “water cooler” show the likes of which we haven’t seen since Wandavision.

Reactions: saint.piss and Nick
Twitter is buzzing like crazy right now. Looks like Disney finally has an HBO-like “water cooler” show the likes of which we haven’t seen since Wandavision.
It also helps that they debuted it a 6pm and it's a Disney+/Hulu release, meaning that this show is available to be seen by even more people than normal.

This is very promising for getting future seasons.

Anyway, finally got around to watching the first two episodes over the weekend. Not much more that I can say that plenty of others haven't already. This show is just a huge improvement over the films in every way, the biggest of which is that it actually shows respect to the source material. One of my biggest fears was that this was going to be treated like a lesser IP by Disney and that there would be big budget cuts, but so far I haven't seen that. The production values at the camp look great and so does the CGI (was worried that with all the monsters that are going to show up, it could look a little schlocky like The Witcher's effects that are often hit or miss).

My one nitpick is probably the performance of the kids. They aren't bad by any means, but at times it does feel like Walker and Leah are slightly over-acting, but like the Harry Potter trio, I'm sure they'll get better as they mature and find the rhythm of the characters. Aryan is PERFECT and exactly how I pictured Grover when reading the books.

Can't wait to see how the rest of the season plays out.

I remember Riordan saying he wanted to do different books for different seasons so this series could go on for awhile theoretically. Although the kids will grow quick (Walker Scobell is already getting a bit older) so they need to film new seasons fast.

I remember Riordan saying he wanted to do different books for different seasons so this series could go on for awhile theoretically. Although the kids will grow quick (Walker Scobell is already getting a bit older) so they need to film new seasons fast.
I think they'll change Percy to be 18 in the final season, that way the characters age more naturally.