Potential Illumination Land | Inside Universal Forums

Potential Illumination Land

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 10, 2013
No man's land: SoCal
With SLoP nearing completion and an interesting sign that has sprouted up labeled, "Pets Lane", I think it's likely an "Illumination Land" will be happening.

What I would like to see: Maybe a two story "Sing" show as a short 4D show where Parisian is. Maybe not use 3D glasses but have a digital mapping show kind of like DreamWorks. There can be some animatronics and you get a different performance each show.

Over by French Street, maybe some sort of Minions for Lorax dark ride that can take place entirely on a second story. It can be a very small/compact dark ride on the scale of something like Snorri Touren at Europa Park:

Just get rid of the simulator portion at the end, and you would have a nice, compact quirky fark ride. They can throw in some "omnimover" style loading like FJ.

I would sure hope that this becomes the new attraction concept for 2022. Parisian needs to go, even if its the quietest area in the park. I would like to see a Character Dining option built into an Illumination Land, plus I think Universal could really use an indoor family 20 minute show. I just don't want it to be Sing... JMO.

As impractical as it is, demoing parisan and opening up that area could cause for a far less congested park.

edit: for scale
illuminationland.webp

Last edited:
Reactions: Coolbfitz
Since i don’t think it was mentioned here, an Illumination Sign overlooking the speculated illumination land has been put up, and who knows, some more letters added and we could get the title of the land! (credit to jpland) 53B27E7A-AED4-4CE1-BBED-75C487899C5F.jpeg

Also with Sing 2 in the works, an eventual addition of a Sing Street seems more believable! The Moon Theater and that resturaunt with the jellyfish everywhere would both be awesome to see

Reactions: Uni-Fan
Just for conversation's sake, if Parisian were to be removed for a new attraction and Illumination Land were to become a full-fledged thing, how far would you want to see its boundaries go? Would you want Mel's to get removed or rethemed to fit the land? Would you want to see the land stretch even further down past French Street and consume Animal Actors in some way? Or would you rather things just stay the way they are?

(And, of course, for these hypotheticals, just take the inevitable short and long-term logistical and financial impacts of the Coronavirus closure out of the equation for the sake of discussion.)

Just for conversation's sake, if Parisian were to be removed for a new attraction and Illumination Land were to become a full-fledged thing, how far would you want to see its boundaries go? Would you want Mel's to get removed or rethemed to fit the land? Would you want to see the land stretch even further down past French Street and consume Animal Actors in some way? Or would you rather things just stay the way they are?

(And, of course, for these hypotheticals, just take the inevitable short and long-term logistical and financial impacts of the Coronavirus closure out of the equation for the sake of discussion.)
i mean, the one road format for what would almost definitely be a SING street would assumably go on that road by super silly funland (haven’t been to USH just looking at the map). maybe some signs you walk past when going onto any Illumination street from the non illumination park portion is what they’d do, beats me. Couldn’t imagine more streets past Sing, the seuss movies don’t seem likely, and illumination seems to only be working on their three core franchises (with the next minions and Sing 2) and Mario (who will already have a land).

If the map is right, it seems mels faces the inside of some circle, right? so they could make the other side part of a Sing street facade?

I'd be surprised to see Mel's go as it's kind of iconic as part of each Studios park.

French street and the courtyard could definitely go and they could easily stretch out to Animal Actors too.

Either way I just don't see them doing anything in the immediate future as they have so much left to do on the lowerlot.

I'd be surprised to see Mel's go as it's kind of iconic as part of each Studios park.

French street and the courtyard could definitely go and they could easily stretch out to Animal Actors too.

Either way I just don't see them doing anything in the immediate future as they have so much left to do on the lowerlot.
Same. Sing 2 won’t even be in theaters til 2021 anyways.

I feel like Universal doesn’t think anything is iconic outside of the literal park icons at the entrance.

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t have any connection to Mel’s.

I feel like Universal doesn’t think anything is iconic outside of the literal park icons at the entrance.

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t have any connection to Mel’s.

Neither do I personally.
But I gurantee there will be a Mel's in the new Beijing park, just like there is one in Hollywood, Florida, Japan and Singapore already so clearly they like having a Mel's in their parks.

None of that means Hollywood's Mel's is safe but I'd say there is a very high chance it will stay put.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Neither do I personally.
But I gurantee there will be a Mel's in the new Beijing park, just like there is one in Hollywood, Florida, Japan and Singapore already so clearly they like having a Mel's in their parks.

None of that means Hollywood's Mel's is safe but I'd say there is a very high chance it will stay put.
pretty sure in the leaked beijing model there was a mels. would they even have to retheme the backside? Sing is set in an animal version of California, it could fit thematically...