Project Halcyon Prediction/Wishlist | Inside Universal Forums

Project Halcyon Prediction/Wishlist

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 13, 2023
Remember Akbars Adventure Tours ? It may not have been everyone's favorite, but BGT desperately needs a well-themed indoor ride considering the florida weather and how reliant they are on local pass members. IMO a family launch coaster is coming to "Pantopia (for now)", we just saw BGW add Darkoaster which pays homage to their original dark ride. How many sister coasters have we seen ? There is such a diverse range of theming they can do with their African roots, especially if Pantopia is remodeled. May just be wishful thinking by me but almost everywhere else is an actual city/country in Africa. Anyone who rode Akbar may remember the promo that would roll for his drink or gift shop after the ride, and conveniently hes the owner of Painted Camel, right next to the land now under scrutiny, littering the store with his advertisments. Would you "Ride the Market" and "See the Sphinx" on an Intamin Akbars Adventure ? I know nostalgia creeps in but we're long gone from Questor, Akbars, Curiosity Caverns, Iceploration, Katonga, King Tuts Tomb, Pirates 4-D... now if it rains the day is done. If there is to be a Giga I believe it would make its way to Jungala.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230516-012510_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230516-012510_Chrome.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 4
The simulator building really isn't big enough for an indoor coaster and it's hemmed in by the parking lot. They COULD run a coaster out of the building like SWSDiego is doing, but that defeats the idea of weather proofing.

Reactions: BuschAfrica
The simulator building really isn't big enough for an indoor coaster and it's hemmed in by the parking lot. They COULD run a coaster out of the building like SWSDiego is doing, but that defeats the idea of weather proofing.
One rumor I heard about the rides closure was the simulator building had a crack in the foundation, and they'd have to do some serious work starting w the roof. Any chance that building is remodeled/elongated to encompass something ? If not, what are the odds we see an indoor coaster/ dark ride at BGT by end of decade ??

I'm still skeptical of the Pantopia retheme, mostly because it would require some level of theming work, which hasn't happened anywhere in this park in seven years. Anyway, a ride like DarKoaster seems unlikely here. I think it only happened at BGW because they already had the ride building and there was a lot of demand from fans to build something to succeed DarKastle. At BGT the only ride building is the small Questor simulator building, which I think only housed two simulator bays. It definitely wouldn't fit a roller coaster and probably wouldn't be big enough for a decent dark ride, but it could potentially work as a flying theater. I keep hoping SWP will buy some bulk package to install flying theater rides in all the now abandoned simulators across the chain, but it appears BGT has no immediate plans considering they still inexplicably have the facade fully decorated for Howl O Scream as some sort of extremely tacky year-round HOS advertisement. The park certainly needs an indoor ride though, it's kinda unbelievable that it doesn't already have one.

Reactions: BuschAfrica