Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

Unless Disney continues to be replace-happy. I'm surprised there aren't rumors of Gran Fiesta Tour getting the Frozen Ever After treatment for Coco. Or are there?
To be fair, Disney has been pretty gung-ho with new additions as well as replacements. Tron and Rat are both adds. As was Avatar (I'm not including a meet and greet as a replacement). Additionally, toy story is new (unless you count it replacing a backlot tour that hasn't been around in a decade). And Star Wars is replacing LMA- if we count LMA as an attraction.

Net gains in many, many areas- so they're doing much better since Fantasyland.

To be fair, Disney has been pretty gung-ho with new additions as well as replacements. Tron and Rat are both adds. As was Avatar (I'm not including a meet and greet as a replacement). Additionally, toy story is new (unless you count it replacing a backlot tour that hasn't been around in a decade). And Star Wars is replacing LMA- if we count LMA as an attraction.

Net gains in many, many areas- so they're doing much better since Fantasyland.
Let's also not discount the new MK Theatre on the bypass. This shouldn't be overlooked. It will add a presumably high quality theatrical show and add 10k+ worth of daily capacity without being something that will be a main draw to the parks (Frozen has apparently already been ruled out...).

It's something MK desperately needs - somethong that absorbs crowds but doesn't draw them.

They'd probably need Disney's first virtual queue there. I'll be in La Cava del Tequila.

Well, Mexico has an established queue for its boat ride when it gets long. The main problem s actually the new margarita bar they're building on the side of the pavilion as that's where the extreme overflow was supposed to go. They jack up and move some of the inside kiosks to shift the interior layout a little, then do the switchbacks around the restaurant, then down the side, switchbacks in the gallery space and then out the west side of the gallery, switchbacks on the raised platform, then down the front steps and to the west where that new margarita bar is located.

So in theory no issue unless it's hugely popular.

Now.. Ratatouille..

File Jul 22, 4 34 19 PM.jpeg

It pretty much has no interior queue. There's one scene with an animated Gusteau marquee that all three queues can see (standby, singles, fp) and otherwise it's all outdoors in the heat.

I think that's why in the Epcot concept art the entrance is not on the far right corner of the building but rather more centered - more space to the side to build some queue. I suspect singles will go away as it serves no real purpose considering the layout of the ride vehicles.

Well, Mexico has an established queue for its boat ride when it gets long. The main problem s actually the new margarita bar they're building on the side of the pavilion as that's where the extreme overflow was supposed to go. They jack up and move some of the inside kiosks to shift the interior layout a little, then do the switchbacks around the restaurant, then down the side, switchbacks in the gallery space and then out the west side of the gallery, switchbacks on the raised platform, then down the front steps and to the west where that new margarita bar is located.

So in theory no issue unless it's hugely popular.

Now.. Ratatouille..

View attachment 4905

It pretty much has no interior queue. There's on scene with an animated Gusteau marquee that all three queues can see (standby, singles, fp) and otherwise it's all outdoors in the heat.

I think that's why in the Epcot concept art the entrance is not on the far right corner of the building but rather more centered - more space to the side to build some queue. I uspect singles will go away as it serves no real purpose considering the layout of the ride vehicles.
I also suspect single riders will be removed, but more because WDW ops doesn't seem to like single riders and sees those lines as more work than it's worth.

From an evac and reset standpoint, it looks like it can recover pretty quickly. Everyone just hops out and walks to the load or exit area - it seems that Mop/Broom/Burner is considered the midway point with guests going either direction depending on if they're before or after that scene.

I'm so glad everyone's debating the new layout of the pavilion and not about whether it's appropriate for EPCOT or not for once! :lol:
So this seems to be the POV that the concept art was depicting for Rat. Seems as though there will be a large, themed courtyard on the backside of France leading to the ride building. Martin has backed up this concept below...

2aDiMl0.jpg

Essentially, this is a view as seen from the Skyliner:
rat2340987FI.jpg

As you can see in the first image, part of backstage is already themed (much like ToT is themed on all sides) and seems to match the theming shown in the concept art.
I think this nails it!

I'm actually kinda looking forward to this expansion, I love the way this builds out the France pavilion.

I'm so glad everyone's debating the new layout of the pavilion and not about whether it's appropriate for EPCOT or not for once! :lol:

I think this nails it!

I'm actually kinda looking forward to this expansion, I love the way this builds out the France pavilion.
And unlike what they did with Norway, this continues to build out the France Pavilion (as you said) and not only will there be an IP ride that fairly appropriately fits the pavilion, but there will still be non-IP attraction within the pavilion in Impressions de France as IDF looks to be safe in all of this.

And unlike what they did with Norway, this continues to build out the France Pavilion (as you said) and not only will there be an IP ride that fairly appropriately fits the pavilion, but there will still be non-IP attraction within the pavilion in Impressions de France as IDF looks to be safe in all of this.

I just worry this will be a logistical mess unless they open up Les Halles to the new area. They have precedent for rearranging the bakery so it's not out of the question (it has moved 3-4 times, I've lost count) but they also just built this version.

Exactly. In a world where IP is going to be added to the park come hell or high water, this is the blueprint for how to do it.

France before the bakery expansion. It seems the rear wall that aligns with the entry arcade is not part of the bakery in terms of being ovens or anything. So in theory they could allow guests to cross through the building from one side to the other.

r-1410141096-FrancePavilion1.jpg

France before the bakery expansion. It seems the rear wall that aligns with the entry arcade is not part of the bakery in terms of being ovens or anything. So in theory they could allow guests to cross through the building from one side to the other.

r-1410141096-FrancePavilion1.jpg
And it looks like the concept art shows exactly that, entryways to the area through the back of the bakery.

IMG_8584.JPG

This appears to be the best bet:

epcot_france_pavilion_bakery-37.jpg

It's adjacent to the ramp down from IDF and per the door it goes outside and has been there since the pavilion opened.

In fact, this is what it looked like before the current bakery was built.

souvenirs-de-france5-big.jpg

I also suspect single riders will be removed, but more because WDW ops doesn't seem to like single riders and sees those lines as more work than it's worth.

It's the only way I was able to ride it at DLP. The lines for the ride AND to get a FastPass were way out the door.