Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I completely agree that it should be fixed as soon as possible given how prominent it is in the ride. I was just looking at it from a financial perspective since that's my background.

EDIT: On another note, I just wanted to point out that this thread is becoming somewhat confusing seeing that we're getting to a point where back to back posts are discussing two different and almost completely unrelated rides. Could we possibly split them up or do we dare to let the inevitable chaos ensue?
Might be a good move seeing the recent development by @Brian G. :
Regardless if the Mummy reviews were bad, international dollars have saved it from being a complete flop. In addition, Universal is all-in on this Dark Universe and hopes to right the ship with Bride of Frankenstein.

Easiest fix for Mummy to please everyone? Same ride, updated.

But keep an eye on Mummy, regardless.

At a high level, this statement makes sense. To get the answer, you'd have to look a little harder at how a business this size is run. The resort has a budget for attractions maintenance. This particular AA may be an expensive fix, and management may decide that those maintenance dollars are better spent elsewhere. So yes, Comcast as a company can easily afford to fix the alien, but the real question is whether or not it can be done within the resort's maintenance budget.
What about the rest of the Ride? The Big Big, broken sensors, fog, other aliens, etc. Eventually the ride's lifespan will run out. They should close it down for a full refurb to get things sorted out. Additionally, they can enhance the Ride experience with new aliens, more nonlinear gameplay, light/strobe effects, and air blasters mounted on the seats to tell riders when their vehicle is hit. I think this would be a solid plus for the most part :)

Reactions: LJGonz
What about the rest of the Ride? The Big Big, broken sensors, fog, other aliens, etc. Eventually the ride's lifespan will run out. They should close it down for a full refurb to get things sorted out. Additionally, they can enhance the Ride experience with new aliens, more nonlinear gameplay, light/strobe effects, and air blasters mounted on the seats to tell riders when their vehicle is hit. I think this would be a solid plus for the most part :)
When was the last time that MIB went down for a lengthy refurb? I can't remember one in recent memory. It could be that they're waiting for an upcoming refurbishment to fix these issues. Maybe they'll look at taking it down after Fast & Furious opens. Either way, I would be perfectly happy to see them return to its opening day condition.

Reactions: tankart150
When was the last time that MIB went down for a lengthy refurb? I can't remember one in recent memory. It could be that they're waiting for an upcoming refurbishment to fix these issues. Maybe they'll look at taking it down after Fast & Furious opens. Either way, I would be perfectly happy to see them return to its opening day condition.
That's what I envisioned :)

Also, the mummy animatronic never popped out of the tomb at the beginning. Instead, there was a light feature that appeared with the voice still going. This was on our last ride. On our other rides the mummy popped out.

"Are you insane, get out of here. . . . ."

Also, the mummy animatronic never popped out of the tomb at the beginning. Instead, there was a light feature that appeared with the voice still going. This was on our last ride. On our other rides the mummy popped out.

it's what Disney would call "B-mode" operation. it happens sometimes.

In terms of "roughness", the ride IS 13 years old. Those brake runs have always been harsh. Maybe they need to look into updating braking system.

*adds it to ride checklist*
I'm cool with the 1st harsh brake inside bug room, because technically the car "crashes onto the wall and wakes up bugs", anything after that, update brakes please!

Last edited by a moderator:
This ride really needs a major refurb imo. 4-6 months could really do it wonders.

While I know the new Mummy was a flop, I don't think it'd be a terrible idea to include some references to it, or at least some ties to the Dark Universe. As is, I feel like basing the ride of a 1999 blockbuster that has already been rebooted kind of dates it.

I always brace my arms on the front rest before any of the brake elements. That way it doesn't punch you in the gut. haha

I usually don't have an issue with it, but when they check the restraints before the ride and push it down one more notch (or happens on a brake element) then I feel that haha.

I saw that when I went in January. One day it was like that and it seemed really cheap, but the next day the AA busted out so it's all good.

Rode it about 3-4 times this weekend. Really needs brake updates. This ride is beginning to move into "classic universal" territory. Great re-rideable ride and my favorite...just needs TLC

Let me continue beating a dead horse: that projector room is AWFUL. Before we know it, theyll just turn the lights on and leave it

Reactions: tankart150