Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd be a happy dude if Universal got the rights to use Ghostbusters again like they did in the 80's-90's. A Ghostbusters show and ride? That would be amazing. I love MIB as much as everyone else, but a brand new state of the art shooter rail ride themed with GB would kill it at U.
I'd take that as a replacement for F&F, but 3 shooters is a lot in one park. I'm already worried the Minions ride means MIB might be in jeopardy. MIB is the best practical effect ride on property to me and it would be a huge loss. I'd rather they replace F&F with GB, prove that it's a worthy successor, then replace MIB down the line. MIB has a longer wait than F&F and Fallon right now.
Remember the original plans for the SLoP ride? Queue, shops, and restaurant on the first floor with a trackless dark ride on the second? Why not repurpose those old plans for a GB shooter? It would use up a fraction of the space as MIB and would likely be better. The best part is that a ride with a smaller footprint would fit great in the New York area. Once MIB's time has come, then they can have a proper shooter ride for the park.

I know we don't like to talk about MIB leaving, but that ride has such odd placement and is taking up some prime real estate. Having a GB ride like I just described would make for a great remedy for MIB in its absence.

MiB was already in jeopardy, so…

Feels like it's been scraping by for the past few years. I hope it hangs on, but the realist in me knows it's only a matter of time.

Bringing this back to Mummy... I am once again reiterating that I'm glad they're not demolishing a perfectly good ride. While I'll be sad if/when the coffee stuff goes, I hope they take the opportunity to incorporate some of the superior Singapore elements and market this as a "plussed" attraction.

Singapore version looks pretty nice ... queue and ride itself.

I guess the question is - what is Orlando's budget for this project?

Not unless someone gets him a cup of.......
...TEA! Wait... no... Dr. Pepper?

Gonna be sad to see the references to the Fraser films gone, I'm at a weird age where I was just young enough for those to be really nostalgic for me. But, I have faith in Universal doing a really sick "plussed" version more similar to Singapore's attraction... if not nearly as quotable :'(

Reactions: Ahmanet
...TEA! Wait... no... Dr. Pepper?

Gonna be sad to see the references to the Fraser films gone, I'm at a weird age where I was just young enough for those to be really nostalgic for me. But, I have faith in Universal doing a really sick "plussed" version more similar to Singapore's attraction... if not nearly as quotable :'(
I was under the impression that the Fraser stuff is actually staying? Did I make that up in my head? lol

• Sad
Reactions: Ahmanet
I am wondering if it would save money to cut the actor out of the ride. I know for a fact musicians are paid for the amount of hours a piece of music is played in a theme park. It's a very small amount but after years and years it adds up.
I would actually like the know the answer to this as well

I'm sure actors get a cut of something because their likeness is being used in an attraction, right?