Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is one of my FAVORITE rides at UOR. It has a slow ride section w a clear story, amazing fire effects, and pretty scary animatronics. It has backwards, launches, drops, and it's just AMAZING. How can there even be a rumor about taking this ride out. :cry:

This is the best description of Revenge of the Mummy I've ever seen. You can't deny its silly, illogical charm and visceral thrills, but it still makes no damn sense and pales in comparison to other similar E-Tickets.

Mummy is my favorite ride at the Studios. Sure the storyline is a chopped together mess (Is it a movie set? A museum? An actual temple? The queue + press info says it's all three at different points), but I always have a great time on the ride.

I'll legitimately cry if/when Mummy is removed. Hopefully it's never.

Anyways.. few tips for those who don't ride as often:
1. Ride in the BACK 2 ROWS! The front two rows angle separately than the back two rows so the back gets a little more whiplash action and it makes you feel like you're going much faster.
2. PICK UP YOUR FEET once you start getting launched, it makes it SO MUCH MORE INTENSE
3. Get drunk before

HHN is my favorite time to ride; we go on mummy probably 5 times a night with many drinks in us. We start slow clapping in the 180 turn section, by the time we're about to get launched the whole RV is either clapping as well, or they're really confused (because they've never ridden before) and have a big surprise coming!

3. Get drunk before

HHN is my favorite time to ride; we go on mummy probably 5 times a night with many drinks in us. We start slow clapping in the 180 turn section, by the time we're about to get launched the whole RV is either clapping as well, or they're really confused (because they've never ridden before) and have a big surprise coming!
I hope your advice was only for adults. :):cheers:

You enter a Museum of Natural History in New York, which then transforms into a movie set, which transforms into an ancient temple. Then, you board the ride and travel through said temple, only to be launched into a trippy LSD underworld place. Once you end the LSD trip, Brendan Frasier appears on screen saying he would've enjoyed the interview a lot more if he would have gotten his cup of coffee. :saywhat::saywhat::saywhat:???????????????? It's like the people from Rick & Morty designed the story for Mummy.

I don't think Mummy is in any danger for the next few years...but keep in mind it's incredibly rare for a Universal ride to stick around much more than 15 years at the studios. I think any time after 2020 we could see the end of things like Mummy and MIB

Reactions: graspthesun
I don't think Mummy is in any danger for the next few years...but keep in mind it's incredibly rare for a Universal ride to stick around much more than 15 years at the studios. I think any time after 2020 we could see the end of things like Mummy and MIB
I hope to see these rides stay around for much longer, but as long as my son gets to ride them I guess I will concede (bitterly with much malaise) and whatever replaces them must be much better.

Reactions: tankart150
I hope that changes with all of the current additions. I know I'm biased but I simply don't place Potter in the same category as Jaws or ET, and if I do, then I still have to hope it stays for many more than 15 years because it's a simply incredible place, one of the best lands in any theme park. That sentiment goes for Nintendo as well, and Jurrasic Park to a lesser extant.

It's such a small and unscientific sample though. The Studios is only 26 years old and so one can say attractions stick around for 15 years at the studios, well that attraction was around for 60% of the Studios history.
I thought I was going somewhere with this, but it started hurting my head with math and time travel...
Mummy will be here until the Orlando Magic win an NBA championship! #fact

You enter a Museum of Natural History in New York, which then transforms into a movie set, which transforms into an ancient temple. Then, you board the ride and travel through said temple, only to be launched into a trippy LSD underworld place. Once you end the LSD trip, Brendan Frasier appears on screen saying he would've enjoyed the interview a lot more if he would have gotten his cup of coffee. :saywhat::saywhat::saywhat:???????????????? It's like the people from Rick & Morty designed the story for Mummy.
This reminds me of the peep over on the UOAP Facebook group complaining about how on EfG you go down an elevator several miles only to walk up stairs to the platform. smfh :bang:

Reactions: Mad Dog and Mike S
Mummy is my favorite ride at the Studios. Sure the storyline is a chopped together mess (Is it a movie set? A museum? An actual temple? The queue + press info says it's all three at different points), but I always have a great time on the ride.
I love this ride so much. Its que storyline is Guests enter the ride by entering the massive Museum of Antiquities facade, browsing through the film setup of the mummy. The exhibition shows props, costumes, and face molds of all the characters as well as an interview from the cast and director on the screen playing. You then enter an archeological dig, that I guess is located under he museum or toward the back part. It's not really important, but just wanted to give you a little more insight.

I'll legitimately cry if/when Mummy is removed. Hopefully it's never.

1. Ride in the BACK 2 ROWS! The front two rows angle separately than the back two rows so the back gets a little more whiplash action and it makes you feel like you're going much faster.
2. PICK UP YOUR FEET once you start getting launched, it makes it SO MUCH MORE INTENSE
3. Get drunk before

I'll take door #3 Monte

This reminds me of the peep over on the UOAP Facebook group complaining about how on EfG you go down an elevator several miles only to walk up stairs to the platform. smfh :bang:
How about taking the elevator miles down to the station, arriving back at the same station after the ride, and then going down stairs to a simple hallway back to the surface? ;)

Reactions: Joel
I'll take door #3 Monte
I promise you, that ride will not be taken down. The topic of this conversation even has a question mark. Nothing has been said about this ride closing.

When I ride this ride. I do ride during HHN, but when I first enter the park, because since the ride is in the middle of everything I once had to wait more than an hour. When HHN opens that's the first ride I go on, and me n my friends were legit, the only ones in line and on the ride.

What I do is i leave the lap bar a good amount loose. Like I leave it around 2 clicks down from my lap, so when it launches and you get airtime, I leave my seat more.