Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You're right, it'll be your problem when your phone slips out and hits someone else. Liability will be with you. f'n twat
Watch your language. You can't disrespect me. I've done nothing directly to you. You are just being rude. You don't control what I do, so cursing at me and "calling me out" isn't going to change anything. If I want to keep doing it, I will and hopefully my camera won't slip out of my hands and hit someone, because that would be bad. And (you) hoping that my camera does hit someone and I get a liability is a pretty ouffle thing to wish on someone. I don't record rides, just to want to hurt someone. I really don't even know why you would want my camera to hit someone, and me to get a liability. That's pretty mean if you.

SO!! I guess you are the reason why DC is not dueling anymore, and the reason why I have to go through metal detectors now.... THANK YOU so much for that!
I've never been caught, neither has my camera hit anyone. You are falsely accusing me of something that wasn't my fault. Why?

Watch your language. You can't disrespect me. I've done nothing directly to you. You are just being rude. You don't control what I do, so cursing at me and "calling me out" isn't going to change anything. If I want to keep doing it, I will and hopefully my camera won't slip out of my hands and hit someone, because that would be bad. And (you) hoping that my camera does hit someone and I get a liability is a pretty ouffle thing to wish on someone. I don't record rides, just to want to hurt someone. I really don't even know why you would want my camera to hit someone, and me to get a liability. That's pretty mean if you.

I've never been caught, neither has my camera hit anyone. You are falsely accusing me of something that wasn't my fault. Why?

Lucas, while the approach might seem harsh or dismissive, the point they are trying to get across is that when accidents happen people get hurt. Having loose items like a camera COULD hurt someone if it accidentally slipped out of your hands. I realize it has not happened to you yet, but the fact that it COULD is the concern here. People have been seriously hurt by flying loose articles at Universal and other parks so it is a big concern in the theme park world. It would suck if something were to happen one of these times you brought your camera on and somebody got seriously hurt. From a contrary standpoint, it would suck if someone else's loose article hurt you. The point is that we all love theme parks and want them to be as safe as possible for everyone.

Sorry it's such a big thing for you, but if I didn't feel I could do it, I wouldn't

Get over it. It's not your problem, it's mine. Stop bothering me

Oh... these two posts. How typical of a teenager. One day, young lucas, you will look back on how you acted as a teen, and realize what a complete moron you were. Hey- we all have looked back and said the same thing. But we also had those older than us telling us we were morons. Because well, we were.

To summarize- you aren't allowed to film or have loose objects because Universal doesn't want to risk it falling and hurting either the ride equipment or another passenger. Thats why there are metal detectors, warnings, signs, etc. It's not a "get over it, its not your problem" thing. It is everyone's problem.
Just because you don't hit a kid driving in my neighborhood at 60mph doesn't mean I shouldn't confront you for the potential of harming my children playing outside.

Thanks for clarifying my thoughts guys.. I just had to take a step back.

seriouslybreathe.gif

OMG please do not play the "victim card" now... that crap does not work with me. Just because you drink and drive and haven't got a DUI yet, does not mean you'll never get one... One day you and your ego will get on a coaster and for whatever reason that day your phone slips out of your hand and then what?..... oh wait! wait! don't tell me, I know this one...... You will say "I'm sorry".... Yeah the same old magical 5 letter word that makes you automatically immune of all wrong doing and if I don't accept your apology, then I'm automatically an A-hole because you already said you are sorry, right? That's like a Trump supporter that says "I don't agree with everything says" but they still vote for him. Well guess what?, you're standing by everything he says with your vote... Many people out there love to make exceptions to rules just to fit very conveniently with their views. So that why I pointed the finger, because you are part of that group of guest. You can't just sit down put your seat belt on and enjoy the ride.... that's just not enough.

That's like a Trump supporter that says "I don't agree with everything says" but they still vote for him. Well guess what?, you're standing by everything he says with your vote...

I know it's chic to make Trump jokes- and how can you not, when it's so easy. But pray-tell- has there ever been a politician you voted for where you agreed on every single one of their views and things they say? I know myself and millions others haven't. :shrug:

Mummy is the best. No thx. The whole concept of Fantastic Beasts would be ridiculous. 1920's New York right next to Jimmy Fallon? Okey doke.

Reactions: tankart150 and Joel

Just to clarify, I never said I hope you/your camera hurts someone. I hope it never does. I just hope you get caught holding a camera on the ride before you hurt someone.

EDIT: if someone gets hurt the ride could close, there post now on-topic

Thanks for clarifying my thoughts guys.. I just had to take a step back.

seriouslybreathe.gif

Anytime!

:topic: Personally I wouldn't be too disappointed if both MIB and Mummy IP's were replaced, however, I am a big fan of both the ride systems that they have so if they could incorporate those into a new IP then I'd be happy.

I can get behind that idea. In the case of MIB, it would have to be one heck of an IP that kept the zany charm of what is already there (read as: no TWD shooter...)

Reactions: Joel
I can get behind that idea. In the case of MIB, it would have to be one heck of an IP that kept the zany charm of what is already there (read as: no TWD shooter...)

:lol: Say waaaaaat?! Good thinking, let's save TWD for the third park and have its own land :bonk:No idea what IP could go in there but am sure there is something out there that could overlay.

Not saying fantastic beasts is the answer for Mummy as we're talking about an IP that we know VERY little about and is still ultimately not gonna go down for the next 3 maybe 4 years. A lot can happen in that time.

Reactions: Joel
I personally can't see them replacing MIB with a non-shooter unless they build a new shooter somewhere else in the resort. Shooter rides seem to be a mainstay at major theme park resorts. USO has one right now - compared with two versions of Spider-Man, 3 water-flume rides, and a kabillion simulators.

(I know, I'm exaggerating. Just trying to show how I would think Universal wants to keep some variety)

Lucas, while the approach might seem harsh or dismissive, the point they are trying to get across is that when accidents happen people get hurt. Having loose items like a camera COULD hurt someone if it accidentally slipped out of your hands. I realize it has not happened to you yet, but the fact that it COULD is the concern here. People have been seriously hurt by flying loose articles at Universal and other parks so it is a big concern in the theme park world. It would suck if something were to happen one of these times you brought your camera on and somebody got seriously hurt. From a contrary standpoint, it would suck if someone else's loose article hurt you. The point is that we all love theme parks and want them to be as safe as possible for everyone.
Tbh I've barley recorded on these rides and last time I recorded on the mummy was last year. I wasn't planning on doing it again cuz like I already have a vid of it, but when someone try's to tell me I'm wrong, it's just not in me to back down. I have to win the argument. Thanks for putting it in a nicer way, unlike the weird as$ guy with the dumb goblin face profile. I know what I did was not allowed, but I won't admit to it if your arguing w me. You didn't act like a total as$ when you were trying to tell me what I did was wrong. Therefore i give you respect.

I personally can't see them replacing MIB with a non-shooter unless they build a new shooter somewhere else in the resort. Shooter rides seem to be a mainstay at major theme park resorts. USO has one right now - compared with two versions of Spider-Man, 3 water-flume rides, and a kabillion simulators.

(I know, I'm exaggerating. Just trying to show how I would think Universal wants to keep some variety)
I know you said you were exagerating but I still want to point out there's only 3 real simulators: DM, Shrek, and Simpsons. All other rides have actual moving ride vehicles and physical sets to some extent :)

OMG please do not play the "victim card" now... that crap does not work with me. Just because you drink and drive and haven't got a DUI yet, does not mean you'll never get one... One day you and your ego will get on a coaster and for whatever reason that day your phone slips out of your hand and then what?..... oh wait! wait! don't tell me, I know this one...... You will say "I'm sorry".... Yeah the same old magical 5 letter word that makes you automatically immune of all wrong doing and if I don't accept your apology, then I'm automatically an A-hole because you already said you are sorry, right? That's like a Trump supporter that says "I don't agree with everything says" but they still vote for him. Well guess what?, you're standing by everything he says with your vote... Many people out there love to make exceptions to rules just to fit very conveniently with their views. So that why I pointed the finger, because you are part of that group of guest. You can't just sit down put your seat belt on and enjoy the ride.... that's just not enough.
Your kinda rude. Don't be k