Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

Wait.. what?
I really feel like if this show is popular and sustains this type of demand (not far-fetched given the theatre only seats 5,000), they will be forced to remove most, if not ALL of the bleachers from the stand-by side of the viewing area to allow maximum capacity.

The scale of the floats is more impressive in person and within the stadium itself. So many blogger photographers spend time obsessing about getting clean shots of shots and such that they forget that people need references for scale. In the giant murky voids that they shoot of the show it looks like tiny props floating about. In person they're decently sized and close enough to be more impressive.
I feel like Blog Mickey did a good job capturing scale:

RiversOfLight-02102017-4.jpg

RiversOfLight-02102017-6.jpg

RiversOfLight-02102017-7.jpg

I agree the finale is lacking slightly upon second viewing. However there are other ways about going about a big splashy ending than fireworks. WoC manages to create a great finale with no fireworks used at all.

I think something like using water canons that are used in the fountain show at Epcot would be good (It even sounds like fireworks at points). Add some color to them with projections and it could be nice.

Maybe they could get that dragon from the New Fantasyland opening to fly around the Tree in the finale lol

For the finale I would say to ratchet up the horsepower on the flame effect, add some water "bombs" like they used in the backlot tour water tank, and some CO2 jets like from Mannequins with laser and projections on them as well.

Boom Boom doesn't always mean better. I'm not so sure how well even low-level fireworks would fit well in the context of this show.
Yeah, fireworks would have killed this..However, clearer projection, more coherent story and bigger finale would have worked better..

I love that they didn't use any IPs in the show, I applaud them for that...I also applaud them for going more of an abstract route...It works well for Cirque...but Cirque has the death defying performances and amazing acrobatics...I'm not sure how well RoL works with just fountains and projections though

That's a really far throw for a projector...
the path that runs behind the tree seems like a much more logical spot, or even atop the old boat landing.

Just a reminder that starting today Rivers of Light moves to nightly showings (two per night) for the summer.

Well, two nightly for spring break and then just nightly for a while.
Missed that.It is only one showing most nights as of now (shows could always get added if crowd sizes demand it). Also, I looked and as of now it's daily until August 26th. I suspect, like a lot of things at DAK (park hours, for example), the amount of shows per week will depend on how successful of a launch summer Pandora has.

I haven't followed this show too closely since it debuted... is tonight the first night that it's doing three show per night? The schedule for RoL tonight is 9:15, 10:30 and 11:45 (I have a FP+ that I probably won't use for the 11:45 showing).

At what time do they shut down the animal exhibits? I cannot imagine they are open that late as they need to be fed and go to sleep and all of that exotic, nighttime animal stuff. :saywhat:

I watched a 10:30pm viewing of this show for the first time this past weekend and, while the show is enjoyable, I wish it was easier to watch then being forced to wait in those tight quarters for 30 minutes before the show starts for a 15-minute show. I'll opt to be a super late arrival next time and forego the FP+ or maybe try to catch one of the 11:45pm showings.

Yeah, it's a good show to pop into, but not worth a long wait.

I've yet to see the show since opening, however. It's certainly not a "must see" imo. For instance, I went to DAK 4-5 times (all at night) in May and never once felt an urge to see RoL.