Rough day at Universal | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Rough day at Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This. I dont think Ive ever, in the hundreds of times Ive ridden it, waited in line for Rockit without hearing "May I have your attention please...we are experiencing a brief delay in out operation" yadda yadda yadda. I love the thing, but it seriously has to work out its kinks.

Splash Mountain might give it a run for it's money.

This. I dont think Ive ever, in the hundreds of times Ive ridden it, waited in line for Rockit without hearing "May I have your attention please...we are experiencing a brief delay in out operation" yadda yadda yadda. I love the thing, but it seriously has to work out its kinks.

To be completely honest with you, out of the nearly 100 or so times I've gone to Uni since the Rockit has opened, I can't recall a single visit where it didn't have some downtime or was down for the whole day.

I've actually never had a personal experience with Rockit having issues and I'm a AP holder who goes almost weekly. But I tend to skip the ride a lot too.

Last Friday Transformers was having trouble, got stuck right at the end where you see the Megatron AA, just for a minute or two, but we got a free express ticket out of it :)

Went this last weekend (13-16) and road every ride many times (except the wet ones) and the only ride that was down the whole time was.......................MIB. Also rode Rock it a few times and I cant recall if all the trains have been replaced, but every time it was very smooth (even the back area which usually eats me up). Much smoother than The Hulk.

Went this last weekend (13-16) and road every ride many times (except the wet ones) and the only ride that was down the whole time was.......................MIB. Also rode Rock it a few times and I cant recall if all the trains have been replaced, but every time it was very smooth (even the back area which usually eats me up). Much smoother than The Hulk.

Can someone confirm this? I was wondering if there were new cars added.

And of all the hundreds of times I've ridden MIB, I can't recall it being down. This is one of my go-to rides when I have a split shift. Mummy, on the other hand, I have encountered down time on occasion. Transformers has issues from time to time, but not usually for very long. Don't even ask me about Rockit.

I've never seen Despicable Me down. It went down at soft opening but just for technical rehearsals. It's the complex rides like Transformers, Harry Potter, Spider-Man, Jurassic Park etc. That continuously go down. I think it has something to do with the technology used in the ride, or maybe someone barfed and they have to clean it up.

Giant mechanical machines break unfortunately. For every mechanical element/special effect a ride has, that is another component that can cause a downtime. Especially if it is a vital component to the operation or storyline of the attraction

Transformers was down when I got to the park earlier today, was really disappointed. It opened back up later on in the afternoon but the line was way too long, 90 minutes is as long as I can remember since after it opened. The single rider line nearly went out of the building too. So I passed on it for the first time.