Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

Everyone’s focused on how redundant this ride would be because it’s a simulator…am I the only one thinking it’s redundant because we already have a broom ride a park over? FJ does Quidditch already for a considerable amount of time. Adding a helmet on my head and a stick between my legs to that experience doesn’t really justify a whole new ride in my opinion.

You want immediate solutions when solutions take years and, as a result, you miss the forest for the trees. The attractions since F&F have been predominantly practical (even Bourne is far more practical than T2:3D was). The rumored attractions for EU are, likely, heavily practical. The attractions in Beijing are heavily practical. But while all of these signs that Universal has learned its swirl, it’s somehow a “nebulous future” because you’re not seeing something immediate at one park.

Perhaps because I think there's only an issue at one park. This whole conversation for me is about Universal Studios Florida. I think Hagrid's is great. I'll never ride VelociCoaster, but it seems to be a huge win for fans of that kind of coaster. I'm optimistic about the E-ticket dark rides at EU.

I've been waiting for Universal to build another more classical-style dark or boat ride at USF since Jaws went away. I don't know if that translates into looking for an "immediate" solution.

Everyone’s focused on how redundant this ride would be because it’s a simulator…am I the only one thinking it’s redundant because we already have a broom ride a park over? FJ does Quidditch already for a considerable amount of time. Adding a helmet on my head and a stick between my legs to that experience doesn’t really justify a whole new ride in my opinion.
This isn’t a quidditch ride. And you aren’t in control of the flying bench.

People flying their own broomstick has been the most requested experience since Wizarding World was announced.

Perhaps because I think there's only an issue at one park. This whole conversation for me is about Universal Studios Florida. I think Hagrid's is great. I'll never ride VelociCoaster, but it seems to be a huge win for fans of that kind of coaster. I'm optimistic about the E-ticket dark rides at EU.

I've been waiting for Universal to build another more classical-style dark or boat ride at USF since Jaws went away. I don't know if that translates into looking for an "immediate" solution.
Either you prescribe a timeline for what you want or you don’t. And you’ve been prescribing one.

There have been numerous rumors about practical rides getting added to the Studios that have been floated (SNW, Trolls, Pokémon, SLoP, VillainCon), that have been shifted, halted or slowed for various logical, business-related reasons. We know they’re looking at adding practical attractions. There’s a logical reason for this attraction to be added instead of an undeveloped idea.

It’s not pushing an arbitrary timeline toward a practical ride in the Studios. This is an addition to the timeline that always existed because of everything else happening across the resort.

Either you prescribe a timeline for what you want or you don’t. And you’ve been prescribing one.
The only timeline any of us have been discussing in relation to USF has been pertaining to the question of what might be added there prior to Epic Universe opening.

Beyond that, yes, I want a physical-heavy dark ride added sooner than later to USF. That was true in 2012, it's true in 2021, and it will remain true until it actually happens.

There have been numerous rumors about practical rides getting added to the Studios that have been floated (SNW, Trolls, Pokémon, SLoP, VillainCon), that have been shifted, halted or slowed for various logical, business-related reasons.
And I find that frustrating. That's all I'm saying.

There have been numerous rumors about practical rides getting added to the Studios that have been floated (SNW, Trolls, Pokémon, SLoP, VillainCon), that have been shifted, halted or slowed for various logical, business-related reasons. We know they’re looking at adding practical attractions. There’s a logical reason for this attraction to be added instead of an undeveloped idea.

It’s not pushing an arbitrary timeline toward a practical ride in the Studios. This is an addition to the timeline that always existed because of everything else happening across the resort.
Is there a rumor for what a Trolls ride would look like? I think that plays a big factor into this entire discussion.

For the VR broom ride, if NY has 2 experiences, then I’m hoping Universal offers variation.

Will this ride give us another entrance into DA, or will it just be attached, and basically just be all trees where the current Fear Factor entrance is now?

I'm interested to see what the motion base is like, personally.

For instance, my issues with DMMM and Simpsons is their similarity in sensation

Ironically, Fallon is probably the best simulator in the park, and a very good execution of the technology

If I'm sitting in a seat bumping up and down, then this will more than likely be a bust for me

However, if it can pull of the same sense of flight and sensation as FoP or even FJ, then we may have one of the more unique rides in the park

Speaking of FJ, the Kuka tech would be kind of interesting in this application

Given these stats, it has to have terrible capacity. I will be generous and say they can get a new group on every ~8 minutes (4-5 min experience, 1-2 to both load and unload). That shows capacity at under 1,000pp an hour.
Building a low capacity ride - bad. Building a screen based ride in a screen heavy park- bad. Doing both just seems like an easily avoidable mistake.
Between F&F, Fallon and now this - seems like three moves that just don’t make sense.
Personally, I think that a Potter expansion for DA is welcomed. They could make it look like the MOM from the London water front side and have the entrance by the stage. You could exit back into London... through the gift shop of course. Seems plausible. Don't knock on VR attractions....this could be actually cool.

If the rumors are true.....then no matter how many times it gets "explained" to me, I will never understand why they chose this over SLOP....

Other than a Zelda concept pitched to Nintendo before any plans were actually approved, I've never heard of the puzzle theater patent being planned for any attraction.
Thought someone here had mentioned something of the puzzle theater concept being used for a trial scene in the MoM, in a way reminiscent of Alien Encounter.