Scream 7 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Scream 7

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, if it wasn't some mega blockbuster from a major studio, you'd probably just pull the plug on it and go back to the drawing board, wouldn't you?

Can't help it. They've listed 2 names right there that will put fans at ease.

However, I'll still be awaiting further news (plot, trailer, etc)
Yeah well fans also shouldn't forget they fired one of the main characters for a bs reason, but sure, alright then.

I'm just curious on their direction

Personally, not a fan of the "Core 4" surviving 2 movies. Chad & Mindy should've died. Otherwise it was a clean ending/send-off for Sam & Tara

I mean, wouldn't it be such a Scream move to retcon the last 2 movies and make a joke about how requels are retconning half of the timelines anyways?

I liked Scream 5 and loved (most of) Scream 6. What Spyglass did was dirty (IMO) and it sucks- but that being said, at least 2 out of the 4 "severely injured" characters at the end of 6 should have bit the dust- unless 7 was gonna feature some characters with severe disabilities stemming from their injuries, the series was getting way too reliant on plot armor for the leads. I feel like any major death that happened in 7 would be hindered by the fact that it should have happened in 6 anyways.

Am I fan of the politics behind everything that's happened? Absolutely not, and there's nothing I can do to change it- but I can celebrate Neve Campbell and Kevin Williamson returning, and their love for the franchise gives me reason to believe that they truly care about a course-correction and not just a paycheck.

Kinda like the line in Scream 4 Wes Craven had aimed directly at the NOES remake "Never f**k with the originals".

Exactly! Chad, Mindy, Kirby- they can all still come back and continue as characters in the universe, just without any connection to 5 or 6. I doubt that the "new" cast would agree to do anything that could be even slightly disrespectful towards Sam or Jenna or Chris' departures, but Mindy could literally just re-tool the requel monologue from 5 with some references to major characters and plotlines being abandoned in favor of continuing the original storyline.

I'm going to copy and paste a very astute (if sobering) perspective on today's news from someone who's been immersed in the industry for longer than most people posting here. (I'd link the tweet directly, but they're on private.)

"Tough week for folks who think their social media posts accomplish anything in the real world!

Been there, I get it.

We’d all be healthier if we understood that this industry we’re obsessed with is not at all interested in our moralizing. (Especially when we show up anyway.)"

Kirby is the only "new" (Scream 4) character that should return. Also throw in Patrick Dempsey since his character is married to Sidney.

Chad/Mindy can be mentioned in dialogue that they died without having to bring them back.

The unconfirmed trending rumor is that Courtney Cox is locked-in to return as Gale Weathers

There is also a rumor that Patrick Dempsey is more than likely to reprise his role. Hopefully Hayden as Kirby will be added as well.

• Wow
Reactions: TheCodeMan95