Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023)

I'm recasting my vote...I'm putting money on the "surf" coaster being B&M's take on an a launch coaster in the vein of an Intamin Blitz

Two across...same B&M track...air time they are known for with their Hypers...Perfecting their launches

Looks like we were supposed to get the second launched B&M coaster in Florida.

I think, just for the sake of the public good, B&M needs to include a full description and ride layout in the lien filing so we know how much we need to furrow our brows at SeaWorld for not paying their bills on this.

Liens get filed all the time for all sorts of stuff so it's really just in the public good to know how egregious the stiffing is.

I'm recasting my vote...I'm putting money on the "surf" coaster being B&M's take on an a launch coaster in the vein of an Intamin Blitz

Two across...same B&M track...air time they are known for with their Hypers...Perfecting their launches

Looks like we were supposed to get the second launched B&M coaster in Florida.
Nailed it

What's interesting about that lien is that it says the total for design and fabrication was $4.5 million. Doesn't that seem a little cheap for a shiny new B&M?

What's interesting about that lien is that it says the total for design and fabrication was $4.5 million. Doesn't that seem a little cheap for a shiny new B&M?
If I understand it correctly, a coaster isn't paid in full up front...So this would be for fabrication which $4.5 million sounds about right for.

The rest would be paid later after installation and trains are on the track...In installments

Partly why Ice Breaker is "done" and Iron Gwazi are "done" but not opening, as they've not been handed over to the park

Also, I predict the new surf coaster model will be a bit cheaper than others...They're trying to compete with Mack, Vekoma, and Intamin

I have no experience with these things, but maybe they contract the track fabrication directly with Clermont Steel Fabricators so the bill from B&M is just for design and trains and such? That would make $4.5 million seem like a reasonable number.

I have no experience with these things, but maybe they contract the track fabrication directly with Clermont Steel Fabricators so the bill from B&M is just for design and trains and such? That would make $4.5 million seem like a reasonable number.
I believe you are correct. The $4.5 million is design and probably fabrication of the trains, the fabricator of the track is a separate bill for millions more, then the cost of the construction is millions more than that. It's probably around $18-20 million total price tag on this.

Rereading the first two posts in this thread gave me a sad :(

I’ll be honest, I can’t even pick out the second type of track beyond the invert.

Rereading the first two posts in this thread gave me a sad :(

I’ll be honest, I can’t even pick out the second type of track beyond the invert.

I'm struggling with that as well. I was hoping a better mind than mine could spot something I missed.

The unpainted track looks similar to the invert track but has a different number of holes around the spine of the track.

I'm sure @RollermanDan could expand on what he's seeing.

I could have sworn people said that track was already shipped to SeaWorld and is being held in a warehouse of some kind?

There was a shipment directly from B&M to SWO labeled SF-A back in March. Since B&M doesn't manufacture track themselves the going theory is it was trains. The shipment contained 14 pieces so it could have been two seven car trains.

There's no warehouse to store track in at SeaWorld. Their warehouses are all fully utilized and they store stuff like Christmas decorations off site. If/when track arrives it will be stored either out in the field next to the DC lot, or in the area behind the Florida Festival building across the road. I'd guess it will start showing up in the DC lot at some point just like the Mako track did.

There's no warehouse to store track in at SeaWorld. Their warehouses are all fully utilized and they store stuff like Christmas decorations off site. If/when track arrives it will be stored either out in the field next to the DC lot, or in the area behind the Florida Festival building across the road. I'd guess it will start showing up in the DC lot at some point just like the Mako track did.
Where would they store vehicles on site in theory? Backstage somewhere?

I know they don't take up a ton of space

I am itching to see even a glimpse at the Surf Coaster trains