SeaWorld Orlando's Christmas Celebration 2016 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Christmas Celebration 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I had heard the contract for Polar Express was up last year. So I did it last year expecting it to be the last year. However, I really never thought about the North Pole part of it. Are they going to have a Santa this year? Loved the smells, Santa, and the tree.

I wonder if the ice skating show will be differently this year. I know at least two of the songs it used were from The Polar Express. I hope they somehow maintained the rights to the songs from the movie because I love the Hot Chocolate scene.

I had heard the contract for Polar Express was up last year. So I did it last year expecting it to be the last year. However, I really never thought about the North Pole part of it. Are they going to have a Santa this year? Loved the smells, Santa, and the tree.
They're still going to have Santa and the big Christmas tree in there, and I've heard that it might still have all of the North Pole overlay.

I bought my Christmas Show Reserved Seating. Excited for my visit!

For those looking for unique holiday cuisine, The Christmas Market is filled with fresh-popped kettle corn, waffle cone S’mores, grilled slider sandwiches, short-rib brisket mac & cheese and SeaWorld’s very own apple pie with a unique and delicious twist. Guests can also sip on flavorful hoppy craft brews and specialty flavored hot cocoa located near the stage at Bayside Pathway. Live music under the Gazebo completes the entire experience as guests enjoy the craft brew.

shamu-o.gif

me.

We just came back from their Christmas Celebration, and it was wonderful. Not to miss are O Wondrous Night (live animals in the show!), Winter Wonderland On Ice, Sea of Trees, and the Christmas Village. The Village also has some additional live entertainment, such as a "Jersey Boys" type quartet singing carols, and a group playing Christmas songs on a tuba, xylophone, trumpet, and something else I don't recall. We saw an a Capella group in another part of the part. A guitarist and singer leads the crowd at O Wondrous Night in carols, and Shamu's Christmas Miracles has a saxophonist playing Christmas songs. The Village has such a fun, holiday atmosphere, with a fire pit, hot toddies of several varieties (mine cranberry hot toddy was wicked strong and good), all kinds of wonderful food, beautiful decorations, etc. The park looks absolutely gorgeous and it was a fantastic evening. We loved it so much we may go back next weekend if our schedules allow. I highly recommend it, best Christmas celebration in the area by far.

For anyone who has been before, just a note that Sea of Trees has been upgraded this year with a new giant tree out on the bridge island and a second half of the show with all the Rudolph songs and the big tree makes it easier to see the images, including new Rudolph stuff.

Hm... that show could do with a few horse tail fireworks as punctuation. Too, the transition to Wonderful Time of the Year was a bit sketchy.

There seemed to be a tech hiccup that night, so the show stopped for about a minute before picking back up. We had stopped filming so didn't catch the intro.