SeaWorld Orlando's Sesame Street | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Sesame Street

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 15, 2014
--Classified--
EXCLUSIVE: Details for Happy Harbor Overhaul at SeaWorld Orlando - Touring Central Florida

Demolitions permits have have been filed.

Do either of those large buildings look large enough for a decent dark ride? Or maybe a show? I’m hoping this isn’t just a new theme but also new attractions.

Also, it’s a little early for 2021. I think this may have been moved up a year (or two).

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Sesame Street themed land is coming to SeaWorld Orlando in Spring 2019 | Inside Universal

Last edited by a moderator:
EXCLUSIVE: Details for Happy Harbor Overhaul at SeaWorld Orlando - Touring Central Florida

Demolitions permits have have been filed.

Do either of those large buildings look large enough for a decent dark ride? Or maybe a show? I’m hoping this isn’t just a new theme but also new attractions.

Also, it’s a little early for 2021. I think this may have been moved up a year (or two).

This seems like a more extensive re-theme than a re-do. If I were SeaWorld, I'd stay away from dark rides until they are back on more stable ground.

This seems like a more extensive re-theme than a re-do. If I were SeaWorld, I'd stay away from dark rides until they are back on more stable ground.
I’m just wondering what those buildings are for. Especially the new backstage one, and the odd-shaped one.

The new land will require a theatre (likely outside with rain protection like Alicia implied), an indoor photo location, possibly a restaurant for character meals, and a new gift shop. Not likely to see a dark ride.

Reactions: WAJAS
This makes sense..This is literally the only IP that they have locked down at the moment..Plus it continues their slow jog to remove Shamu, or at least back away from that idea

Reactions: WAJAS
This makes sense..This is literally the only IP that they have locked down at the moment..Plus it continues their slow jog to remove Shamu, or at least back away from that idea
I imagine the Shamu kiddie coaster becomes SWO's Air Grover, which having visited BGT with little kids, is a big success. Who doesn't love Grover?

It's a good move, just as it was for BGT. And will help drive more locals on a regular basis, as it did BGT. Locals are becoming a (very) important demographic for SeaWorld, so this is one of the best things they've done in awhile. (Electric Ocean was a nice move too. I know it got me to visit more over the summer when I usually do not.)

Reactions: shiekra38
I just hope that, like BGT, the area still relates to the ark’s overall theme: there Sesame forest (or whatever) and here Sesame Harbor.
I'm in total agreement. I really hope this is somehow related to the theme of SEAworld. If not it may just seem a little out of place considering it has no relation to water or the ocean.

I'm in total agreement. I really hope this is somehow related to the theme of SEAworld. If not it may just seem a little out of place considering it has no relation to water or the ocean.
Yeah, they could probably keep the lifeguard stands they already have at each entrance and throw an static Elmo figure on top.

The backstage building is likely for parade storage. THey have to have somewhere to keep floats and costumes. They have implemented parades at the other 2 parks already.
Sesame Street Party Parade | SeaWorld San Diego
Sesame Street Party Parade
Yeah, I’m guessing that we will see a parade with a show stop in the middle. It looks like tiered seating areas in the plans near the street (probably just concrete walls, like CityWalk has). Throw in a flat ride (Wave Swinger?), some new fiberglass themeing elements for the existing rides, and a new building for F&B/merch.... boom, you have a new land.

And it can’t come soon enough. This should drive local attendance and push per-capital spending at the park. They’ve had some misfires recently (Antarctica, Mako not being a huge hit despite being a good ride, Kraken VR), so they really need this. I’m hoping that they throw some more flats in the park soon, along with this.

I think the notion that Mako wasn't a hit is slightly misplaced, it did attract 4 hour queues in the weeks after its opening and domestic attendance increased significantly in 2016. If Brazilian attendance had stayed flat in 2016, they would have had a much better year.

I'm a huge woodie fan and that new Oscar Woodie at Sesame Place looks to be a sweet little coaster. Is there a piece of Land to actually do a Sesame Place adjacent to SeaWorld complete with a Sesame themed hotel. That's what I'd go for.

Last edited: