Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

How exactly were they going to fit Mt Krumpit in the space behind One Fish Two Fish? It doesn't look like a big area from satellite view lol
Ye of little faith lol. lots of coaster concepts that highlight tight layouts for small spaces. For instance, the el loco. Now, a Mt, Crumpit coaster would be more family friendly than what an el loco has been known for, however, it is a coaster that can navigate tight turns, drops and directional changes in a small amount of space. Even has a 8 person lap bar car that could be themed to a sled.

60c10d13b8d38a1b529ffb71_ellocotrack2.jpg

Movie-World-090.jpg

54673-Movie-World.jpg

I still want to see a Mt. Crumpit coaster, and I agree that the waits to meet the Grinch are good proof he deserves his own attraction. But I've always feared they'd use the Illumination art style, which has always bummed me out. I love the land's look because it emulates the books so well, and I don't think making it the Illumination version would make it less appealing to a wider audience.

I think a permanent theater in Seuss is a much better option. Seuss is the only major IP in the park that can fit a stage show properly throughout the year. Sinbad is in the way of a new land, and they don't seem to want to try anything at the TL theater, so just build one in Seuss. Just close it 2 weeks between Halloween & the holidays to redecorate for Grinchmas.

The definition of insanity is to build another theater when you have 2 sitting wasting away. I think it's been proven theater shows are, in fact, not universal lol. Please do not take the popularity of the limited time grinch show and feel it will translate well as a year around thing.
Oh, I know how insane it is... but Universal literally (before BMG closed down) would build a theater in a soundstage to house the Grinch show. The Sinbad space is purpose-built, and I'd imagine some of it will eventually be taken over by Zelda. There's no IP currently in Toon Lagoon that fits well into a show... so if they don't want to put an Illumination or DreamWorks IP there... demo the place and finally put something useful there.

Grinchmas is popular, and I'm sure Universal is creative enough to figure out a year-round Seuss show. It's a shame to just "give up" on shows at IOA... especially with Universal still investing in them at Epic Universe.

Investing in them in epic?? They got rid of a show for a coaster because they knew better lol. That was even before the park even opened. And honestly, I feel shows like T2:3D work because they are more like attractions than open air show venues. But again, a year round seuss show is begging for history to repeat itself especially if it isn't real tech heavy and mind blowing. What they are doing for 2 months with the grinch show is just fine and what the patrons want. I will give you this, if they can find a smaller venue for a story telling seuss style show, they may go over well for the little ones. With some razzle dazzle here and there but I have lost faith in shows at universal personally.

Investing in them in epic?? They got rid of a show for a coaster because they knew better lol. That was even before the park even opened. And honestly, I feel shows like T2:3D work because they are more like attractions than open air show venues. But again, a year round seuss show is begging for history to repeat itself especially if it isn't real tech heavy and mind blowing. What they are doing for 2 months with the grinch show is just fine and what the patrons want. I will give you this, if they can find a smaller venue for a story telling seuss style show, they may go over well for the little ones. With some razzle dazzle here and there but I have lost faith in shows at universal personally.

I haven't lost faith in Universal, Bourne is great, WaterWorld is great and HTTYD & Circus Arcanus at EU will hopefully be great.

Universal produces a new show for HHN every single year that tends to be the highest-rated thing at the event, I'd imagine putting the same level of effort into a daytime show will be received well.

Shows at Disney are insanely popular and still pack in the masses... why can't Universal give it one more try with an IP they know is popular and lends itself well to stage shows.