Should SWE Start Brewing Again? | Inside Universal Forums

Should SWE Start Brewing Again?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
With the success of the "free" beer and the new Beer Fests, is it time for SeaWorld to bring beer brewing back to the parks? Each park could have their own Microbrewery and brew 4 specialty brews like Mako Red Lager. All the parks would have all the beers from the other parks. That way you could do a SeaWorld Orlando Flight or a BGW Flight. You could also have the option to buy take home growlers that you pick up at the front gate as you leave.

IDK, it was just a thought.

Depends on regulatory approval and liquor laws in each state, but it's a good idea. I don't think having other parks' beers is a good idea as that require way more output than can sustain an in park brewery and I think having glass containers of any kind in the park is an issue with growler. But hire an up and coming brewer, give them access and the ability to brew and distribute, then offer the "free beer" year round. Not a bad idea.

With the success of the "free" beer and the new Beer Fests, is it time for SeaWorld to bring beer brewing back to the parks? Each park could have their own Microbrewery and brew 4 specialty brews like Mako Red Lager. All the parks would have all the beers from the other parks. That way you could do a SeaWorld Orlando Flight or a BGW Flight. You could also have the option to buy take home growlers that you pick up at the front gate as you leave.

IDK, it was just a thought.
A specialty brew at each park would be a potential gold mine

Sea World brew: Light with fruity taste to remind you of the ocean
BGT brew: Dark stout with spicy notes to remind you of Africa

etc

BGW should either have a Scottish Red (Loch Ness Red?) or a German Bock (Verbolten Bock).

Or both.
The exclusivity of it would be lucrative...Collectible cups, and free samples would also help

Plus, if they were smart, they would jump on the layered beer product like what you can get in Diagon and Hogsmede (unnoficially of course)

The exclusivity of it would be lucrative...Collectible cups, and free samples would also help

Plus, if they were smart, they would jump on the layered beer product like what you can get in Diagon and Hogsmede (unnoficially of course)

It's... just a black and tan? It's already a thing. They can just make a black and tan.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Plastic growlers. Ability to order in park for pickup at the exit. I don't know why a year round park wouldn't do this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disneyhead
Plastic growlers. Ability top oder in park for pickup at the exit. I don't know why a year round park wouldn't do this.

I mean... because that's not what parks are for? Are we really forgetting the point of amusement parks? At this point why not just open a grocery store too, MOAR FOOT TRAFFIC AMIRITE.

If you want to offer sales outside then put in a bottling line and sell in the local area. Also works as advertising.

It's... just a black and tan? It's already a thing. They can just make a black and tan.
People don't care...Add a name to it and market it

I don't see people walking around Diagon shouting at everyone that they can get that drink anywhere

Also a Busch Gardens Grocery store sounds like a great idea...Have fun and do shopping at the same time

Reactions: Teebin
I mean... because that's not what parks are for? Are we really forgetting the point of amusement parks? At this point why not just open a grocery store too, MOAR FOOT TRAFFIC AMIRITE.

If you want to offer sales outside then put in a bottling line and sell in the local area. Also works as advertising.
Come on dude. Amusement parks offering merch people can take home with them is one of the big money makers in any park. This would be a smart decision for a park regardless of it fitting what your view of "what an amusement park is for".

Reactions: Teebin
The only problem is you'd have to hire a crew to make beer which means hiring skilled labor. Much more cost effective to just buy from local breweries and sell your own branded stuff in the park. Just like Universal does.

The only problem is you'd have to hire a crew to make beer which means hiring skilled labor. Much more cost effective to just buy from local breweries and sell your own branded stuff in the park. Just like Universal does.
Cigar City has some great selections, I wonder if they would be interested

Reactions: JoeCamel
Personally, I don’t really care where my beer is brewed. Most of the “brewery” restaurants I’ve been to don’t actually brew their beer on-site.

As for SWE having park exclusive beers, I think it’s a great idea. All of the other parks are cashing in on exclusive drinks. SeaWorld could easily do exclusive beer way better than Universal does.

Reactions: JoeCamel
SeaWorld has the Mako Red Lager. As best I can find, they brew it themselves. I was just thinking, given SeaWorld/Busch Gardens history, beer would be a good fit.

SeaWorld has the Mako Red Lager. As best I can find, they brew it themselves. I was just thinking, given SeaWorld/Busch Gardens history, beer would be a good fit.
Maybe BG has a relationship with the old AB brewery next door. Yuengling is running it but it is not "craft" in any scope. I think they would be happy to provide whatever the parks want.
Pretty sure it is not the brewing equipment needed but the bottling equipment that is the real cost.
Youngling could supply what is needed, it was the AB brewery back in the day.