Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Silver Dollar City

I think I might have liked this ride better if the final lift and drop was replaced by a little bit more of those awesome rapids and a moderate, Kali/Grizzly sized drop. That final gimmick is a momentum killer.

SDC23_FITH_Announcement-Slides-Desktop1-rev.png

SDC23_New-FITH_Key-Art-2-gif_DT.gif

This was a favorite as a kid and I enjoyed getting to introduce it to my wife on a Branson vacation a few years back.

I hope this is a great redo of a tried and true classic.

Do we know how “expanded” the track/profile might be yet? Because I found a behind the scenes walkthrough video and it doesn’t look like the space is that much larger:

Wonder if it breaks your back less? I will be there in April and may try it. We always skip the one in Dollywood.
It's a completely new building, with a new ride system and cars manufactured by Rocky Mountain Construction. Though I haven't been on it yet, I'm pretty confident it's a smooth ride experience.

It's a completely new building, with a new ride system and cars manufactured by Rocky Mountain Construction. Though I haven't been on it yet, I'm pretty confident it's a smooth ride experience.
I went on the one in Dollywood last week and my kids thought all the people looked creepy. Now I probably won't be able to get them to go on this one. But I plan on trying it. I am excited for a modern version of this ride after riding the older Dollywood one. I rode the silver dollar city 6 or 7 years ago? So it has been a long time.