Six Flags 2022 Additions? | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags 2022 Additions?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 8, 2021
What are we thinking Six Flags will add to their parks in 2022?
Here’s my idea:
SFMM: Extended RMC raptor (practically confirmed)
Great Adventure: Family additions, as Jersey Devil took out some kiddie rides
Over Texas: Reopening of Yosemite Sams
Over Georgia: The premier rides mystery project will come here and use the land over and around the closed chute the chutes. (East Coast Racers)
Fiesta Texas: Water park addition, new coaster coming soon in following years.
Great America: Potential RMC American Eagle, although a flat is more likely after coming off Maxx Force and a large water park year.
SFNE: An extended Maxx Force clone that takes both boomerangs out or replaces the old train ride near the front gate. If the latter, give a Carowinds-style front gate renovation with the coaster passing over. Name it Riverside Rocket or something to commemorate the anniversary of the park.
Six Flags America: New enterprise
St Louis: RMC Raptor (WW clone)
Discovery Kingdom: New enterprise
Six Flags Mexico: Family package
La Ronde: Small flat or family package after Vipère
Frontier City: Family coaster like sidewinder safari
Darien Lake: “new” predator with Titan Track. Also rebrand ride of steel with the “new” Superman theme like SFNE did a few years back.
Great Escape: A new bench and a trash can if they’re lucky

To give my own take for the initials

• Magic Mountain: Green Lantern (RMC Raptor, keep the current theme)
  • Over Texas: Aquaman Power Splash (got delayed to 2022, will be upgraded with the turntable loading station!
  • Discovery Kingdom: Sidewinder Safari (Seemingly delayed to 2022)
  • La Ronde: Viper (Seemingly delayed to 2022)
  • St. Louis: Raptor replacing Ninja, WW clone
  • Darien Lake: Predator refurb, no Titan Track (think Ghostrider)

To give my own take for the initials

• Magic Mountain: Green Lantern (RMC Raptor, keep the current theme)
  • Over Texas: Aquaman Power Splash (got delayed to 2022, will be upgraded with the turntable loading station!
  • Discovery Kingdom: Sidewinder Safari (Seemingly delayed to 2022)
  • La Ronde: Viper (Seemingly delayed to 2022)
  • St. Louis: Raptor replacing Ninja, WW clone
  • Darien Lake: Predator refurb, no Titan Track (think Ghostrider)
I think most of the parks will have a 2022 slapped on their additions that weren’t able to open, but I think that the parks which had been planning a coaster or a major addition will still get it if the smaller additions are cut from the budget. I’m keeping my eyes on SFMM, SFOG, SFNE, and St Louis

SFNE just removed Goliath from the map. It’s all but confirmed that this will be removed. I think this large chunk of land will get a coaster, as it is removing one and the park is due for one. A raptor could easily fit into this spot and would fit the western theme if Six Flags doesn’t need to slap a DC logo on it. If flashback is removed as well an S&S launch would fit here easily. I’ve also heard the rumor of a powersplash going here, but I think the park could do better

Wow-- interesting if true:

"Six Flags - (2/13/22) As rumored, Screamscape sources tell us that as of right now, the plan is that only a small group of select parks will bring back Holiday in the Park for the 2022 season. For the most part this move will see the elimination of the event from the more northern region parks and focus it on those more comfortable able to operate in the winter.

As of this moment, the list of parks given by our source to offer Holiday in the Park in 2022 will be: SF Magic Mountain, SF Over Texas, SF Fiesta Texas, SF over Georgia, and SF Discovery Kingdom and possibly… SF Great Adventure. Apparently the event could still possibly get cut from Six Flags Great Adventure, as the only northern park still on the list but for now it is on the books. I’m told that corporate could also change their mind on Six Flags Discovery Kingdom having it as well, but for now it was determined that the park would need it to be able to compete with the WinterFest event at California’s Great America.

As for Fright Fest… as profitable as the event is normally for the parks it looks like Fright Fest will continue at most parks in 2022, however look for cuts to have been made to the number of days the parks offer it, as well as a cut in the length of the event, where it will likely not run late into the night any longer. The more security issues each park has had regarding unruly guests, fights breaking out and such, the more cuts you can expect to see made at that location.

So far this follows along with operational cuts being spotted in the various park’s summer schedules as they are slowly getting posted on the website. The days where the parks were open to 10pm, 11pm and occasional midnight are gone, and have been replaced with summer schedules showing the various parks mostly closing at 7pm, 8pm or 9pm. So for locals who used to buy season passes (or memberships) who liked to just drop in after work to wind down for the evening with a few rides out of the hot sun, it’s going to be a lot harder to justify keeping those passes. "

So more cuts to Six Flags (beyond what we already knew). I had heard that several other improvement projects were cut last minute along with several planned paint jobs for coasters "because the stock went down". Cutting hours and cutting popular offerings like Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park seems like a really boneheaded move.

I understand cutting back on Fright Fest if there are security issues and reducing the event in those troublesome parks to daytime/family events, but Fright Fest has always been a big money maker for the company with the highest attendance days of most parks in October. Perhaps they need to just ramp up security in their parks again...

Wow-- interesting if true:

"Six Flags - (2/13/22) As rumored, Screamscape sources tell us that as of right now, the plan is that only a small group of select parks will bring back Holiday in the Park for the 2022 season. For the most part this move will see the elimination of the event from the more northern region parks and focus it on those more comfortable able to operate in the winter.

As of this moment, the list of parks given by our source to offer Holiday in the Park in 2022 will be: SF Magic Mountain, SF Over Texas, SF Fiesta Texas, SF over Georgia, and SF Discovery Kingdom and possibly… SF Great Adventure. Apparently the event could still possibly get cut from Six Flags Great Adventure, as the only northern park still on the list but for now it is on the books. I’m told that corporate could also change their mind on Six Flags Discovery Kingdom having it as well, but for now it was determined that the park would need it to be able to compete with the WinterFest event at California’s Great America.

As for Fright Fest… as profitable as the event is normally for the parks it looks like Fright Fest will continue at most parks in 2022, however look for cuts to have been made to the number of days the parks offer it, as well as a cut in the length of the event, where it will likely not run late into the night any longer. The more security issues each park has had regarding unruly guests, fights breaking out and such, the more cuts you can expect to see made at that location.

So far this follows along with operational cuts being spotted in the various park’s summer schedules as they are slowly getting posted on the website. The days where the parks were open to 10pm, 11pm and occasional midnight are gone, and have been replaced with summer schedules showing the various parks mostly closing at 7pm, 8pm or 9pm. So for locals who used to buy season passes (or memberships) who liked to just drop in after work to wind down for the evening with a few rides out of the hot sun, it’s going to be a lot harder to justify keeping those passes. "

So more cuts to Six Flags (beyond what we already knew). I had heard that several other improvement projects were cut last minute along with several planned paint jobs for coasters "because the stock went down". Cutting hours and cutting popular offerings like Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park seems like a really boneheaded move.

I understand cutting back on Fright Fest if there are security issues and reducing the event in those troublesome parks to daytime/family events, but Fright Fest has always been a big money maker for the company with the highest attendance days of most parks in October. Perhaps they need to just ramp up security in their parks again...

"The Six Flags experience has been dismal of late. Let's make it worse!"

Reactions: Jake S