Special Offers | Inside Universal Forums

Special Offers

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
U

UniversalFan

It is about time that USH is offering the $15 off General Admission now thru June 30th? What is the reason why the park would do this? I think the park needs more money.

Because 15$ off tickets won't hurt them, and it's not that huge a discount. People like it because it saves them the price of lunch really. But as I've said before, in the theme park biz, we really don't make money from ticket sales - we make money from food and merchandising. The food prices and item prices will remain the same, so the more people we can get in the parks with discounted tickets, the more money they can make from food/things. That's why they offer the buy a day get a year around summer when its busy, and why you see the 15$ off admission around Grinchmas commonly as well.

Because 15$ off tickets won't hurt them, and it's not that huge a discount. People like it because it saves them the price of lunch really. But as I've said before, in the theme park biz, we really don't make money from ticket sales - we make money from food and merchandising. The food prices and item prices will remain the same, so the more people we can get in the parks with discounted tickets, the more money they can make from food/things. That's why they offer the buy a day get a year around summer when its busy, and why you see the 15$ off admission around Grinchmas commonly as well.
Interesting. Does the sale of food and merchandise go to the attractions to help maintain it?

I just received a free guest pass good for 1 day admission for a friend during my birthday month.  Our family has 4 AP's with birthdays 1 month apart so I am looking forward to getting 1 pass each month for next 4 months!  Has USH done this every year?  I do not ever remember getting such passes before.

They annual pass perks don't always work right. Some times you get the birthday ticket some times you don't, I didn't get info for TF ride promotions and Kong promotions but others i know did. The perk and benefits need to be run better and sent to all AP members. Also AP members don't forget to register( I don't get why they make you register it when they have all your info) your annual pass or no perk are sent.

I remember in the past getting free admission for a friend around my brithday time. This year I had no idea that the pass had to be registered online, none of the workers mentioned it to me when they activated the pass for me. My birthday was in April and now it's obviously too late, I just registered it so here's hoping for something good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember in the past getting free admission for a friend around my brithday time. This year I had no idea that the pass had to be registered online, none of the workers mentioned it to me when they activated the pass for me. My birthday was in April and now it's obviously too late, I just registered it so here's hoping for something good.
I've gone through the same cycle twice now. I think they purposely make it difficult to register your birthday with your pass sometimes. I've done it three times, and it still hasn't stuck.

I've gone through the same cycle twice now. I think they purposely make it difficult to register your birthday with your pass sometimes. I've done it three times, and it still hasn't stuck.
I've got the one for me and the one for my sis with no problems... don't know what your problem be