Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SpectraBlast and Hollywood Nights

Tyler Crouch

Inside Universal Editor
Feb 17, 2014
Glendale, CA.
Hey everyone, long time no talk. I was digging through my garage yesterday and found a long-missing tape of an old show called SpectraBlast. For those that are unfamiliar, SpectraBlast was the marquee show at an event called Hollywood Nights that took place in the summer of 1994. Tons of entertainment including skateboarders, the magic of the Pendragons, and this sweet sweet baby. The show was hosted by a man simply called Effects Jockey (EJ for short) and his buddy George. Through lights, lasers, and fireworks, the audience would relive certain movie moments, hear some classic tunes, and even enjoy a couple of stunts. The show was produced in the old Miami Vice Stunt Show arena. It was pretty amazing how they would transform the set each night for this show. Very sad that this only lasted one summer, I think attendance was lower than expected. I have not been able to find the full show anywhere online, so I thought I would share it all with you guys. This is truly a classic piece of Universal Studios Hollywood History. I hope you all enjoy!

Watching this back after all these years... I wonder if there could ever be a character like George again in a theme park show. He was clearly... uhh... challenged.

Hey everyone, long time no talk. I was digging through my garage yesterday and found a long-missing tape of an old show called SpectraBlast. For those that are unfamiliar, SpectraBlast was the marquee show at an event called Hollywood Nights that took place in the summer of 1994. Tons of entertainment including skateboarders, the magic of the Pendragons, and this sweet sweet baby. The show was hosted by a man simply called Effects Jockey (EJ for short) and his buddy George. Through lights, lasers, and fireworks, the audience would relive certain movie moments, hear some classic tunes, and even enjoy a couple of stunts. The show was produced in the old Miami Vice Stunt Show arena. It was pretty amazing how they would transform the set each night for this show. Very sad that this only lasted one summer, I think attendance was lower than expected. I have not been able to find the full show anywhere online, so I thought I would share it all with you guys. This is truly a classic piece of Universal Studios Hollywood History. I hope you all enjoy!

Great video. I was a park manager during that time. Worked nights on purpose because there was more stuff going on at night, plus it was a lot cooler out. Would stop by every night to watch that show.

I would love something like this....the Potter shows are great but would not mind another nighttime show for the summers.