Spider-Man: No Way Home | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: No Way Home

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So with this being the second actor from past live action movies to come back after JK Simmons brought into the Holland films, and with the MCU going into the multiverse now, can we PLEASE get Andrew and Tobey to suit up as alternate universe Spidey's??

So with this being the second actor from past live action movies to come back after JK Simmons brought into the Holland films, and with the MCU going into the multiverse now, can we PLEASE get Andrew and Tobey to suit up as alternate universe Spidey's??

With how things have shaped up with the MCU--and thinking about it..what if the Spider-Man 3 for Marvel Studios and Spider-Verse 2 for Sony Animation is part of a combined event, like say..Spidergeddon (2018) for instance--in how they incorporated various versions of Spider-Man, including that of the PS4 version when it was being published.

It wasn't what I was thinking beforehand, but now..it kind of makes sense. Especially now, with Wandavision and Strange occurring before the film.

Reactions: Nick
Ohh god...why?

I liked the Lizard more than fox character. I mean sure he will be better but soooo many good villains from Spiderman and they are reusing this?

Green Goblin is a cool villain, I know we got him once before but like Joker he's the biggest bad for Spiderman for a reason

Ohh god...why?

I liked the Lizard more than fox character. I mean sure he will be better but soooo many good villains from Spiderman and they are reusing this?

Green Goblin is a cool villain, I know we got him once before but like Joker he's the biggest bad for Spiderman for a reason
Just because Electro is coming back doesn't mean he will necessarily be the main villain. Sony is very clearly setting up a Sinister Six team and it seems to be made of Venom, Morbius, Electro, Vulture, Mysterio, and Kraven based on everything we've seen and that is in production.

Sony wants their Avengers and Sinister Six is it.

...So, Jamie Foxx is back as Electro.

OblongRectangularIndianjackal-size_restricted.gif

Just because Electro is coming back doesn't mean he will necessarily be the main villain. Sony is very clearly setting up a Sinister Six team and it seems to be made of Venom, Morbius, Electro, Vulture, Mysterio, and Kraven based on everything we've seen and that is in production.

Sony wants their Avengers and Sinister Six is it.
Sure but I just don't see why it can't be a new take on the character

They tried this once and think most people didn't care for it...I don't dislike the actor but think someone else should get a fresh start on it.

Also since they don't care which 6 to me its not even exciting. Venom and Morbius should be doing there own thing. Doc Ock should be the leader and have villains that make sense teaming up. This is why I hate Sony owning the writes unless someone else is handling the character the upper CEOs force these dumb things to happen no one asks for.

I’m torn. They brought back JK as Jonah, but it’s not the same Jonah as the Raimi films. They could basically rework Electro in the same way, where it’s the same character but a different version.

I don’t even think Spid3r-Man needs to formally acknowledge the existence of a multiverse when Dr. Strange 2 will already do that.

I’m torn. They brought back JK as Jonah, but it’s not the same Jonah as the Raimi films. They could basically rework Electro in the same way, where it’s the same character but a different version.

I don’t even think Spid3r-Man needs to formally acknowledge the existence of a multiverse when Dr. Strange 2 will already do that.

There is a huge difference. JK was one of the best castings of all time.

Doctor Strange 2 is currently scheduled to come out after Spider-Man 3 though.

Amazing Spiderman 2 is, as us kids say, my trash, so bring on Electro and have him be just as stupid please.

Bonus points if his story is that Stark personally forgot his birthday.
The new Spiderman where istead of the villains being connected to the main character they wall want revenge on stark..lol

While I did like the last two villains, its getting pretty dumb they can't make Spiderman the reason why some of his villains exist and why I really don't care for the new Spiderman that much feels like Robin but not even Nightwing cool Robin like from the 70s-90s lame Robin who is a side kick to Batman.

There is a huge difference. JK was one of the best castings of all time.
And Jamie Foxx is still one of the bigger names in Hollywood.

I personally like the casting of Jamie Foxx as Electro. Problem is that, in Amazing 2, they wrote Electro as a weak character with weak motivations. He wasn’t well-cast as THAT Electro. I think an MCU Electro would be a drastically improved character, in a drastically more appropriate environment.

Electro is a bit of an over-the-top doofus. He’s not particularly sympathetic, but he’s also not a sad-sack. He’s far more appropriate for the MCU in that regard, and I think Jamie Foxx deserves a new shot at the character. There’s no harm in continuing to wink-nudge previous iterations of the franchise when we know the multi-verse exists now.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Dr Strange was in Thor 3...for like two mins so I'm guessing he wont have too big of a role. Also another set up for his film along with Loki/Wonder Vision.

Dr Strange was in Thor 3...for like two mins so I'm guessing he wont have too big of a role. Also another set up for his film along with Loki/Wonder Vision.

Brain pointed what was said in the article out--but just encase,

The move puts Cumberbatch in the mentor role that was previously occupied by Robert Downey Jr., who played Tony Stark/Iron Man in Spider-Man: Homecoming, and by Samuel L. Jackson in Spider-Man: Far From Home, the latter reprising Nick Fury. The role gives Holland a chance to play opposite seasoned actors, gives Peter Parker a father figure and gives the movies extra star power while also tying them to the greater Marvel Cinematic Universe.

With the current route Wandavision is taking--I can very much see an arc for the MCU that consists of Wandavision, Spider-Man 3, Loki, and Doctor Strange all being inter-connected along with giving Peter a chance to prove his innocence for the sake of Spidey3.