Spider-Man: No Way Home | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: No Way Home

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My god...why is Spiderman in the MCU so lame.

His name is Spiderman not Robin, he doesn't need a mentor. Why can't he just be on his own? The Spiderman video game shows him being on his own and people loved it, no clue why they keep making him Robin.

Hope Miss Marvel isn't treated like this.

Reactions: WillQ92

His name is Spiderman not Robin, he doesn't need a mentor. Why can't he just be on his own? The Spiderman video game shows him being on his own and people loved it, no clue why they keep making him Robin.

Yeah, was just thinking this actually. Homecoming and FFH were both fine for mentors I guess, but he's still spider-man. Like, I hope Peter tells Strange to go screw himself quite frankly.

Yeah, was just thinking this actually. Homecoming and FFH were both fine for mentors I guess, but he's still spider-man. Like, I hope Peter tells Strange to go screw himself quite frankly.
I sadly doubt it

They had a fun relationship in Infinity War, but like everything we have to stretch these things out as long as we can. I just want Spiderman like in the video game, Speculator spiderman show or OG movies....him by him self with villains he or the people around him create.

At this point, I think an altMCU with Spidey, Deadpool, and Daredevil would be interesting.

I recently re-watched that movie...it's literally so bad

Like worse than Spiderman 3

I remember seeing that movie...holy crap it was so awful. My jaw dropped scene after scene at how bad it was. To quote RLM, "it's like they made five different scripts and then the intern tripped and dropped them all, so they pieced them together."

The fact that it shared the name and came out 10 years after what is IMO one of the best superhero movies of all time made me hate it all the more.

Spidey 3 is a mess, but goddamn, is it fun. If the emo Peter scene doesn't get you grooving (see what I did there...Sam Raimi...Ash), I don't know what will. ;)

What I really want are movies for Spider Noir, Peni and Spider-Ham.

Last edited:
I remember seeing that movie...holy crap it was so awful. My jaw dropped scene after scene at how bad it was. To quote RLM, "it's like they made five different scripts and then the intern tripped and dropped them all, so they pieced them together."

The fact that it shared the name and came out 10 years after what is IMO one of the best superhero movies of all time made me hate it all the more.

Spidey 3 is a mess, but goddamn, is it fun. If the emo Peter scene doesn't get you grooving (see what I did there...Sam Raimi...Ash), I don't know what will. ;)

What I really want are movies for Spider Noir, Peni and Spider-Ham.
Spiderman 3 sucks...but has some charm, at least its not Amazing Spiderman 2 which has nothing redeemable about it. They ruined just about everything in that film

Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. And while we're at it, let's cast a live action Miles, too.

AmusingMarvelousAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle-max-1mb.gif

If Sony were smart, they would have made Spider-man 4 with Maguire, show Andrew Garfield is in the Venom universe, and then have MCU Spider-man 3 be the “Spider-verse” movie where it all comes together.

But if this is true, this might be the movie if the decade.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95

In case anyone missed the denial. Now that I thought about it some more, I'm okay with them holding off on it. This third movie has been set up to be a deeply personal story for this Peter Parker and there's still a lot of growing he has to do. Not sure what the absence of Garfield particularly would mean for what we're getting from Foxx.

I may be the only one saying this, but I think the MCU is taking a chance going with a Multiverse storyline. I honestly don't think the moviegoing public is smart enough to get it.

• Sad
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95

In case anyone missed the denial. Now that I thought about it some more, I'm okay with them holding off on it. This third movie has been set up to be a deeply personal story for this Peter Parker and there's still a lot of growing he has to do. Not sure what the absence of Garfield particularly would mean for what we're getting from Foxx.

"Can't confirm" doesn't equate to denial.

It's completely natural for high schoolers to have role models/mentors? And God forbid they try something different with a character that had already been portrayed in two separate-yet-similar ways in the 15 years prior.

This entire trilogy is about this Peter growing up and becoming that kind of hero you're referencing. The Spider-Man in the PS4 game had eight years of experience. The first two movie adaptations got rid of the high school element as quickly as they could. There's nothing wrong with them exploring a younger and mentally & physically weaker Peter/Spidey.

Sorry, I don't mean to rant off on you but I've seen people complain about this way too many times. Just gotta have patience with this and have to trust that the same people who developed the amazing Tony/Steve characters know what they're doing. This is the first time they've had the opportunity to develop a character from kid to adult.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Tristan
It's completely natural for high schoolers to have role models/mentors? And God forbid they try something different with a character that had already been portrayed in two separate-yet-similar ways in the 15 years prior.

This entire trilogy is about this Peter growing up and becoming that kind of hero you're referencing. The Spider-Man in the PS4 game had eight years of experience. The first two movie adaptations got rid of the high school element as quickly as they could. There's nothing wrong with them exploring a younger and mentally & physically weaker Peter/Spidey.

Sorry, I don't mean to rant off on you but I've seen people complain about this way too many times. Just gotta have patience with this and have to trust that the same people who developed the amazing Tony/Steve characters know what they're doing. This is the first time they've had the opportunity to develop a character from kid to adult.
Yeah, I really like this Spider-Man because (this sounds so cringy) he is pretty relatable. They really nailed the aspect of what a teenager superhero would do and struggle with. [Homecoming especially]

Reactions: SeventyOne

New to me doesn't always mean better. We have had two films where the villains were good Tony stark Villains...its Ironic they could not given Ironman solid villains in his films yet Spiderman gets them?

I love Spectacular Spiderman Peter is a kid, he makes selfish choices that back fire on him but is a normal good person and the high school environment works because in a tv show or comic you can have slow character changes with school friends and enemies. I give ZERO thoughts about any of Peters friends but Ned and Ned is coping Ganke, instead of giving us Gwen or Harry done in a solid fashion.

I just get no enjoyment from this version of Spiderman, they take everything take makes spiderman unique and thow it out the Window. He doesn't get his own villains (spiderman has the best villains second only to Batman), the school setting is not really used right and feel to me fake and can't get attached to these kids because its a two hours movie and they feel to me like Generic action films without the heart.
It sucks they made him into a sidekick and in the end, I just ignore it because I have the games which do such a better job with the characters at least I have those to play.