Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Web Slingers (DCA)

So, uh, anyone excited for this ride? I feel like I've come around on it, and by that I mean I have no inclination as to whether it will be good or bad. I think I have a little more hope after seeing what Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway did with projection mapping.
I love shooter rides, so I don't always pretty excited for this ride. I had a trip planned pre-Covid but now my future trip will definitely include Spiderman.

It's unusual how's little sweet know annoyed the ride and that makes me even more jazzed

I love shooter rides, so I don't always pretty excited for this ride. I had a trip planned pre-Covid but now my future trip will definitely include Spiderman.

It's unusual how's little sweet know annoyed the ride and that makes me even more jazzed
I think what sold me was hearing that we would be traveling across the campus, when initial concept implied we would be stuck within the industrial building.

I think what sold me was hearing that we would be traveling across the campus, when initial concept implied we would be stuck within the industrial building.

Based on all the artwork released I don't see how that is possible. What was the exact wording of 'traveling across the campus'?

They probably mean you have to cross the campus/a path to go to the Spiderman gift shop once you get off the ride ;)

I'll see to it when Disney theme parks fully open here in California. Looks exciting, but I'm not sure it will top Universal's Spider-Man ride at IOA.
Most certainly not, but it will have a Spider-Man animatronics, minor physical elements, and will hopefully have Runaway Railway level screen integration. Unfortunately, it will immediately make Toy Story Mania dated.

Most certainly not, but it will have a Spider-Man animatronics, minor physical elements, and will hopefully have Runaway Railway level screen integration. Unfortunately, it will immediately make Toy Story Mania dated.
Then what is Buzz at this point? Lol

But even if this tech is better than Toy Story, I've always found Toy Story just a blast because of its secrets. Also on the topic of will this ride be better than the IOA spiderman...no way in hell because I don't even think we will see a real villain in the ride, just random bots and forced Disney meh story over something like you are put into an adventure like the original ride

But even if this tech is better than Toy Story, I've always found Toy Story just a blast because of its secrets. Also on the topic of will this ride be better than the IOA spiderman...no way in hell because I don't even think we will see a real villain in the ride, just random bots and forced Disney meh story over something like you are put into an adventure like the original ride
Buzz is outdated and personally, I think it should be removed and replaced with something better everywhere it still exists, but it's also the only shooter in Disneyland Park. DCA will have TSM and Spider-Man, so TSM automatically just looks worse from that perspective.

Well Buzz has physical sets...and is a classic (I was born in 99').

Again, it won't be as good as IOA Spiderman, but then that's like comparing any movie to Citizen Kane or Seven Samurai. But this is replacing a 3D movie and stands to be enjoyable on its own terms.
Buzz is outdated and personally, I think it should be removed
('へ')

Hopefully for what it is it seams to be a good utilisation of the ride system for capacity
A very compact vehicle and nice door mechanism

Though it really does look like it be a Ninjago esk experience

Link for those who not sure what I mean by that

May even be the same manufacturer

But lets hope Disney exceeds expectations with physical sets and such
But it will have issue with the elephant in the room that is Spiderman at Islands

I still think -- based only on what we know so far, granted -- that there was a lack of ambition at the conceptual phase with this attraction. It's like they knew they couldn't top Spider-Man at IOA (which, in fairness, they probably couldn't), so they decided to not even try, and resorted to marginally souping-up an attraction that already exists in the same park.

I still think -- based only on what we know so far, granted -- that there was a lack of ambition at the conceptual phase with this attraction. It's like they knew they couldn't top Spider-Man at IOA (which, in fairness, they probably couldn't), so they decided to not even try, and resorted to marginally souping-up an attraction that already exists in the same park.
Given the constraints of the land and building they chose, I don't think they could even if they wanted to.
Maybe if they had chosen to utilize some of the Hollywoodland space for a new ride system, but I understand there were many extenuating circumstances preventing that (Eastern Gateway falling through, Frozen theater show, Working Around the Monorail, etc).

What interests me on Spider-Man is what appears to be the case for the viewing of each side. Looks like they have windows to fully encapsulate (and some form of way to allow it to be breathable). I wonder if they're going to have the attraction have partial AR with some form of an LED window that can virtually display Spider-Man and the additional bots.

Well Buzz has physical sets...and is a classic (I was born in 99').

Again, it won't be as good as IOA Spiderman, but then that's like comparing any movie to Citizen Kane or Seven Samurai. But this is replacing a 3D movie and stands to be enjoyable on its own terms.

('へ')
I liked the Buzz TV show...but the ride for sure is a let down.

As for Spiderman I'm sure I will enjoy it....but it just sucks they didn't go for it. This ride should try to be better than a 15 year old ride, it will be fun but 8/10 which is going to feel after Galaxy Edge and Mickeys Runaway Railroad. It is strange to see them not going 100% on on MCU rides considering how big the MCU is