Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Spider-Man: Homecoming

It's about time. Sucks they have to recast again though. I'm sure it'll be Cap 3 Civil War he shows up in. Interesting to see how they do it because that movies looking really crowded. Cap, Iron Man, Black Widow, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Fury probably, plus the villains. Gonna be basically another Avengers movie. Which isn't a bad thing.

It's about time. Sucks they have to recast again though. I'm sure it'll be Cap 3 Civil War he shows up in. Interesting to see how they do it because that movies looking really crowded. Cap, Iron Man, Black Widow, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Fury probably, plus the villains. Gonna be basically another Avengers movie. Which isn't a bad thing.

Rumors floating around are that *SPOILERS*

Much like the comics, Cap dies at the end of Civil War. Hulk is banished off-planet and Thor is back in Asgard. That means that Infinity War will be a new team, consisting of Iron Man, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther and maybe a couple others. Then, Inifinity War Part 2 will just be an epic battle with everyone returning (including Steve Rodgers from the dead).

Rumors floating around are that *SPOILERS*

Much like the comics, Cap dies at the end of Civil War. Hulk is banished off-planet and Thor is back in Asgard. That means that Infinity War will be a new team, consisting of Iron Man, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther and maybe a couple others. Then, Inifinity War Part 2 will just be an epic battle with everyone returning (including Steve Rodgers from the dead).

I'm assuming you're talking about the Latino Review news from a few weeks ago? That report said that no Phase 1 heroes would be in Infinity War Part 1.

I'm assuming you're talking about the Latino Review news from a few weeks ago? That report said that no Phase 1 heroes would be in Infinity War Part 1.

Yep that's the one! And I know LR can't always be trusted, but the recent acquisition falls in line with their plans! If this is the case, then you're right, Iron Man would not be in it.

EDIT: LR did post Spidey wouldn't be in Civil War so maybe that story doesn't hold water anymore. Unless they are simply replacing Black Panther with Spidey.

Last edited:
The plans are that in part 1 it will be a new team, part 2 will be everyone back together to take on and destroy thanos with cap back at as the leader

And I mean EVERYONE

I believe it will be like the new Infinity comics from 2014. The obsidian Cult will arrive with thanos. So think of Thanos having a team as well. you would have team fighting off each member.

If you have 5 baddies then you could do

Bad guy 1 vs Defenders
Bad guy 2 vs Inhumans
Bad guy 3 vs GOTG
Bad guy 4 vs New Avengers
Thanos vs New Avengers (New avengers lose)

Thanos vs Old Avengers + Everyone else. Led by Steve Rogers and the whole gang will be back together.

I really wouldn't want to see it end any other way. And as a comic book enthusiast, it shouldnt end any other way than Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and.... whatever the other 2 are... Kicking his a** along with other main characters - Spider man, Dr Strange, Black Panther, Black Bolt, GOTG, Ant Man, Captain Marvel, Daredevil

I believe it will be like the new Infinity comics from 2014. The obsidian Cult will arrive with thanos. So think of Thanos having a team as well. you would have team fighting off each member.

If you have 5 baddies then you could do

Bad guy 1 vs Defenders
Bad guy 2 vs Inhumans
Bad guy 3 vs GOTG
Bad guy 4 vs New Avengers
Thanos vs New Avengers (New avengers lose)

Thanos vs Old Avengers + Everyone else. Led by Steve Rogers and the whole gang will be back together.

I really wouldn't want to see it end any other way. And as a comic book enthusiast, it shouldnt end any other way than Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and.... whatever the other 2 are... Kicking his a** along with other main characters - Spider man, Dr Strange, Black Panther, Black Bolt, GOTG, Ant Man, Captain Marvel, Daredevil

The only issue I see with this scenario is the possibly disjointed story as well as the fact that the Inhumans are getting their first film after Infinity War now. Normally I would say this isn't a big deal ala Spider-Man being introduced in Civil War first. However, much like Guardians, they are so out there that having a whole group of characters not have their own film before joining a movie with a hero roster of over 20 is kind of crazy. Imagine if the Guardians first movie was the Avengers. It would make no sense!

Also, I understand Agents of SHIELD is initiating the storyline, but that show doesn't have enough of an audience to use it as the leapfrog to a new franchise.

The only issue I see with this scenario is the possibly disjointed story as well as the fact that the Inhumans are getting their first film after Infinity War now. Normally I would say this isn't a big deal ala Spider-Man being introduced in Civil War first. However, much like Guardians, they are so out there that having a whole group of characters not have their own film before joining a movie with a hero roster of over 20 is kind of crazy. Imagine if the Guardians first movie was the Avengers. It would make no sense!

Also, I understand Agents of SHIELD is initiating the storyline, but that show doesn't have enough of an audience to use it as the leapfrog to a new franchise.

I completely agree with you on this. It is going to be difficult to pull this type of thing off. I actually believe that moving forward (phase 3) all movies will be even more connected to the thanos plot, I see Avengers 1 and Avengers 2 as points in the universe where everyone collides, It is going to happen, It's one of the beautiful things that happens in the comics. Plan to see more hero's crossing paths. What I dont understand it why end off with inhumans. would be interesting if we see the story line be about thanos and thane...

Hello! I'm new to this site but thought I'd add something to this. I've heard that Kevin Feige is helping to produce the first solo film of Spider-Man, but I've read that Sony is still moving on with those spin-off plans like Sinister Six and Venom, but without Marvel Studios' involvement.

Read about it here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=115083

I wouldn't mind seeing a carnge vs venom or S6 movie. Others i can do without. I'm sure they are going to work with the minds in marvel and for both parties best interest. They would not have gotten this far without discussing and planning out future movies

image_zpscfiajryu.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, the title is a little cheeky. I like it though. Also, it could be referencing the Homecoming comic which first introduced the black suit aka Venom. If we were to get Venom done right in this film, omg I'd flip.

Michael Keaton rumored to play Vulture :ack: . Would much rather have someone like Kraven the Hunter or Mysterio as the villain.

Last edited: