Spider-Man Ride Knock-Off | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man Ride Knock-Off

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 10, 2016
San Francisco, Ca
So, I was browsing youtube, and I found a POV of a ride from Backlight Attractions advertising a Spiderman ride called Ultimate-Spiderman, or something like that. Well actually, they typo'd something so they titled it "The Amazing Spiderman-ride". So anyways, apparently this attraction is at a place called Adventure City in Niagara Falls, Canada. I don't know if they got in legal disputes because this is literally a mediocre attempt at replicating "The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man", but now the ride is " Tour Bus SWAT Team ride". Anywho, I'm just sharing this because I thought it was worth showing for comedic sake. It's really funny to watch.

Also the graphic design on the brochure just edits the "Men in Black" ride's photoshoot, and just pastes the seats/people into their vehicle. :lol:

01.jpg

Last edited:
So, I was browsing youtube, and I found a POV of a ride from Backlight Attractions advertising a Spiderman ride called Ultimate-Spiderman, or something like that. Well actually, they typo'd something so they titled it "The Amazing Spiderman-ride". So anyways, apparently this attraction is at a place called Adventure City in Niagara Falls, Canada. I don't know if they got in legal disputes because this is literally a mediocre attempt at replicating "The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man", but now the ride is " Tour Bus SWAT Team ride". Anywho, I'm just sharing this because I thought it was worth showing for comedic sake. It's really funny to watch.

Also the graphic design on the brochure just edits the "Men in Black" ride's photoshoot, and just pastes the seats/people into their vehicle. :lol:

01.jpg

I wondered what the future of ride technology would look like...and here we are

Almost got to see this when I went to Niagara in January, they've changed the ride over but I heard they still have the Green Goblin in there? I dunno. Yay Marvel!

I rode this years ago back when it was open.

It's somehow even more atrocious than that video would imply. There's a ton of unseen funhouse effects between the VERY obvious screens. (Spiders on sticks!)

Reactions: jtsalien
well this is a grey area bc its not a rip off if its not in america its just licensed to that park.

I see, however when I said "rip-off" I didn't mean legally, but the execution. The execution is a poor man's Spiderman, straight to the duplicate storyline, to the nearly duplicate dialogue (just slightly changed to make it slightly different). However, I'm also unsure about the reason why they changed the theme.

01.jpg
{spider bro wants to bump fist while hovering over people in a inflatible ball pit pointing at things with their orange lazers}.Also even the off brand park has a rain Forest cafe.

Hah! I'm from the area and always meant to check this out. It's smack dab in the middle of the touristy part of the Falls and I try to avoid that area at all costs. It's at the base of a hotel and most of the attractions are still there but have been converted to other names/themes. This is what it looks like nowadays...

The review from the video description is amazing
"This painfully slow-moving ride takes guests through a villain-infested city and our job is to blast as many of them as we can along the way. The car stops several times for no apparent reason, half of the targets really don't do anything, and the striking similarity to the villains of Spider Man make this one of the lamest dark rides I have been on."

Reactions: jtsalien
Can we all just sit here and marvel at a ride based on the 1970s Japanese Tokusatsu Spider-Man?

That's some good cheese.