Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Give them dry clothes from the gift shops. Every theme park does that in the event a guests clothes are ruined in some way (wet paint, dripping grease, torn by a restraint, etc)

Give them dry clothes from the gift shops. Every theme park does that in the event a guests clothes are ruined in some way (wet paint, dripping grease, torn by a restraint, etc)
And what about their ruined phones, etc because they were forced to sit in a sinking boat on Splash mountain? I know i'm making Disney pay for that if I was unable to get out of the lap bar and the boat sank and my phone stopped working due to that.

Reactions: Teebin and Clive
And what about their ruined phones, etc because they were forced to sit in a sinking boat on Splash mountain? I know i'm making Disney pay for that if I was unable to get out of the lap bar and the boat sank and my phone stopped working due to that.

I had a similar experience on the Speedway in Magic Kingdom. A huge thunder storm rolled in just as I set off, by the time I got back, the queue had emptied out and the karts were backed up out the station. I was told to stay in the kart as it was dangerous to be on the track which makes sense but after 5 minutes, I hoped out and walked back to the station.

My camera screen was water damaged later that night. Fortunately, I bought it on that trip and managed to return it to Walmart, no questions asked and the memory card was ok. These were the last 2 photos taken before the screen crapped out.

IMG_0075.JPG IMG_0054.JPG

As far as I concerned, I was just wet and I managed to luck out with the camera.

I can't imagine it's closed permanently. Maybe something in the infrastructure is requiring its closure for a while, or they want to fully replenish the stock.

The whole thing is weird. If we believe Jim Hill's (I know...) timeline, the ride's not even going down for the retheme until 2022 at the very earliest, but they can't not perform maintenance on the attraction -- or keep a merch location closed -- for another 1.5 - 2 years.

I mean, maybe they could, but the constant headlines about maintenance issues popping up would not be a good look.

Unless I'm mistaken, doesn't the Briar Patch gift shop only sell generic Disney stuff while all Splash merch is available at the ride exit? I would assume closing the former to get a headstart on a retheme is easy to do at the moment since there's nothing in that store that you can't find elsewhere throughout the park.

From the Jurassic thread:
Splash is project that they might get actual pushback for cancelling though. I think it's going to happen, but not anytime soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if Velocicoaster is open for a year or more before Florida's Splash even closes to start construction.
Splash has been getting scrubbed lately. That's not something that signifies to me that it's sticking around: Disney Continues to Scrub Splash Mountain from Websites With Removal of Blog Post and Play Disney Parks App Game

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: Freak and Coolbfitz
From the Jurassic thread:

Splash has been getting scrubbed lately. That's not something that signifies to me that it's sticking around: Disney Continues to Scrub Splash Mountain from Websites With Removal of Blog Post and Play Disney Parks App Game
I feel like they need to be more clear on when exactly this is closing. I'm getting mixed messages from the sudden scrubbing, internal rumors, and what Disney has said publicly. I know with the pandemic and financials, Splash probably won't close till 2022, but still.

Without reading through 24 pages of comments, has anything been said about the retheme happening simultaneously on both coasts?

Nothing official.

As far as rumors go, Jim Hill (I know, I know...) has said work won't begin until 2022 at the very earliest for Magic Kingdom's version.

The reason I ask is that this is obviously going to be a difficult project. You’re removing a beloved attraction for what should be a great one.

While going all in and doing something similar to Galaxy’s Edge will save some money, I think doing each coast separately and making sure it has positive feedback before fully committing is the smart play.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
There is plenty of (unsubstantiated) talk that Disney might quietly never make the transition at Magic Kingdom.

But as much as I might wish that to be so, my expectation is that it will (eventually) happen at MK. I'd put money on it opening first in Disneyland, though.

There is plenty of (unsubstantiated) talk that Disney might quietly never make the transition at Magic Kingdom.

But as much as I might wish that to be so, my expectation is that it will (eventually) happen at MK. I'd put money on it opening first in Disneyland, though.
I think the amount of backlash they would get for not doing it would be rather high.

I think the amount of backlash they would get for not doing it would be rather high.
Ya know, it's almost as if Disney may *finally* be realizing that the real world isn't Twitter. There are probably more people than you think that strongly disagree with this redo.

I understand that this redo has supposedly been in the works for a while now. However, we must remember that Disney is not in a great financial place right now, to say the least. Their movies are halted. Many of their theme parks are still shut down. WDW is underperforming. They are literally bleeding cash (Not as bad as they were earlier during the shutdowns, but they're definitely hurting still). They are not in a position to make an overlay that won't be popular with a LOT of Disney fans. Being that they're in a bad place financially, would you want to risk throwing money into changing a classic ride that many fans are demanding to leave alone?

Ya know, it's almost as if Disney may *finally* be realizing that the real world isn't Twitter. There are probably more people than you think that strongly disagree with this redo.

I understand that this redo has supposedly been in the works for a while now. However, we must remember that Disney is not in a great financial place right now, to say the least. Their movies are halted. Many of their theme parks are still shut down. WDW is underperforming. They are literally bleeding cash (Not as bad as they were earlier during the shutdowns, but they're definitely hurting still). They are not in a position to make an overlay that won't be popular with a LOT of Disney fans. Being that they're in a bad place financially, would you want to risk throwing money into changing a classic ride that many fans are demanding to leave alone?
There's literally nothing but baseless speculation and wishful thinking from people who are against it to suggest this project won't happen.

Disney could simply close Splash Mountain forever and the Disney fans will still flock to the parks.

If people are so deeply offended by the idea of Disney closing Splash Mountain for the reasons they say, the same people have bigger problems to deal with.

Who's "deeply offended?" Let's not conflate that with disappointment.

Also, I know this is a Universal site, but there's a trend around here of talking about "Disney fans" as if they're some strange, alien category of weirdos with no overlap among Universal's fanbase.

Who's "deeply offended?" Let's not conflate that with disappointment.

Also, I know this is a Universal site, but there's a trend around here of talking about "Disney fans" as if they're some strange, alien category of weirdos with no overlap among Universal's fanbase.

Some people seem to be taking it as personal attack against political correctness.

I never put all Disney fans into that category. Far from it.