Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
lol at the idea that Disney is going to cancel a project they announced when they already knew how bad the pandemic was affecting their business
I think they will do it on the usual WDW timeline and it might come online in 2026 if the management at that time is willing to see it through. Announced and built are two different things in Disney's world.

Some people seem to be taking it as personal attack against political correctness.
That's simply projection on your part, Scott.

Likewise, I could turn it around and say "If people are so deeply offended by the idea of Disney keeping Splash Mountain for the reasons they say, the same people have bigger problems to deal with."

Back on subject, they could drop this project entirely and no one would bat an eye in the real world.
As we mentioned here; if they were to only change one of the parks; Disneyland is by far the better of the two locations as you can work it into New Orleans square and create a much more thorough land.
You'd be able to add a QS (or at the very least a snack stand) and a dedicated meet and greet area for Tiana. Even subtly changing the music throughout the land (how awesome would this be?) They could really do a lot with it if they so chose; while Frontierland would just be relegated to the ride and gift shop without being able to further expand on PatF.

Reactions: Freak and Coolbfitz
I think they will do it on the usual WDW timeline and it might come online in 2026 if the management at that time is willing to see it through. Announced and built are two different things in Disney's world.
I don't think it's imminent on either coast. But they're going to do it. I'll guarantee it. Relatively simple change that will generate boatloads of merch money

It's just a part of the "cancel culture".

Splash has been problematic from the start. The Song of the South theming was only used to justify the cost, reusing animatronics from America Sings. No one is “canceling” Splash Mountain. If anything, the theming is being enhanced to an IP that resonates more with guests, rather than one nobody can even watch.

That's simply projection on your part, Scott.

Likewise, I could turn it around and say "If people are so deeply offended by the idea of Disney keeping Splash Mountain for the reasons they say, the same people have bigger problems to deal with."

Back on subject, they could drop this project entirely and no one would bat an eye in the real world.
As we mentioned here; if they were to only change one of the parks; Disneyland is by far the better of the two locations as you can work it into New Orleans square and create a much more thorough land.
You'd be able to add a QS (or at the very least a snack stand) and a dedicated meet and greet area for Tiana. Even subtly changing the music throughout the land (how awesome would this be?) They could really do a lot with it if they so chose; while Frontierland would just be relegated to the ride and gift shop without being able to further expand on PatF.

Call it what you want. A quick glance at the #savesplashmountain hashtag on Twitter and the Save Splash Mountain petition says different.

It's just a part of the "cancel culture".
Splash has been problematic from the start. The Song of the South theming was only used to justify the cost, reusing animatronics from America Sings. No one is “canceling” Splash Mountain. If anything, the theming is being enhanced to an IP that resonates more with guests, rather than one nobody can even watch.
Can we pleeeeeeeease not rehash this in this thread again?

Call it what you want. A quick glance at the #savesplashmountain hashtag on Twitter and the Save Splash Mountain petition says different.
I didn't even know that existed. Apologies- I thought you were talking about the commenters in here.

Personally, I want PatF in DL and SM in WDW- is there a petition for that? :tease:

With the parks now open and not doing that well..I mean they are doing well enough but seems like they can't rake in the kinda money they could before...it does seem weird if Splash does happen soon over other projects.
That fact Mary Poppins isn't happen but this is does suck for Florida

Alright. I don't necessarily want to stir a politics discussion but I'm really curious if they're actually going to go through with this. With them doing a refurb of Splash as is, I still wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was a PR stunt and it's quietly cancelled. Just to be clear I am *not* (consciously, at least) wishfully trying to convince myself that it's not happening. If it does happen, then so be it, whatever. But if they're doing it, then like SEAS with Iron Gwazi, they should at least announce a darn timetable on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak
Rumor has it that WDW's version depended on if OLC wanted to retheme their splash as well. I'm guessing they didn't and DL's version will be the only one changed.

Rumor has it that WDW's version depended on if OLC wanted to retheme their splash as well. I'm guessing they didn't and DL's version will be the only one changed.
I would prefer that they just leave both versions alone HOWEVER if one absolutely HAD to bite the bullet, I would say DL's would probably be the one that should get this treatment. It is the weaker of the two SMs and it would make more thematic sense if they rethemed DL's.

Also, I personally agree with OhHai's post as I suspect that the announcement was simply bluff. I think they may do it, but I don't know if they'll actually go through with it.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I would prefer that they just leave both versions alone HOWEVER if one absolutely HAD to bite the bullet, I would say DL's would probably be the one that should get this treatment. It is the weaker of the two SMs and it would make more thematic sense if they rethemed DL's.

Also, I personally agree with OhHai's post as I suspect that the announcement was simply bluff. I think they may do it, but I don't know if they'll actually go through with it.

Technically, NO fits the Mississippi River theme of Tom Sawyer's Island. Gateway to the "Frontier" if you will.

This strikes me as the same as "Are they gonna ban masks at HHN?" - wishful thinking out of a couple people, that everyone else is running with.

I'm not trying to wish Splash into staying alive, it's just so weird for them to not say when they're closing it. Neither outcome would surprise me.

I should be clear, I'm not saying wishful thinking on your part, more the original YouTuber and no doubt a couple of the #savesplashmountain yahoos.

Yeah. Splash has been one of my favorite dark rides, but because I've been expecting it to kick the bucket and for understandable reasons, I've tried to detach myself from it--because I fear I'll come across as looking like that ahem, gentleman who wrote that Sentinel op-ed if I get upset about it. Basically I've been kind of pretending it doesn't exist. But I stumbled upon that video and it piqued my curiosity, because it has been odd that they didn't bother saying when they'd do it--normally when a park announces an attraction is going to the retirement home, they give a date.

Reactions: RevFreako