Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ha her messaging is definitely a bit off, but I just wanted to point out that there’s still recent messaging that this is coming (for any naysayers).
Ya it’s strange to say you did extensive research in half a day lol. Is good to hear something about this project though.

Reactions: Nico
Ya it’s strange to say you did extensive research in half a day lol. Is good to hear something about this project though.
That's how Disney does things for films, too. For Luca, they traveled to where the director grew up (like 6 people) for only a few days. I read about this and watched a featurette - they basically spent all of their time just taking in the sights, the sounds, the textures, etc, in Italy. They captured some underwater footage in their time there.

When they tend to do these research assignments, it's all about that type of stuff and really taking in the area and taking lots of photos, videos, and even sketching some of the textures to remember them by. They want to capture as much as possible in the area they are researching in the limited time they have.

Reactions: Nico
That's how Disney does things for films, too. For Luca, they traveled to where the director grew up (like 6 people) for only a few days. I read about this and watched a featurette - they basically spent all of their time just taking in the sights, the sounds, the textures, etc, in Italy. They captured some underwater footage in their time there.

When they tend to do these research assignments, it's all about that type of stuff and really taking in the area and taking lots of photos, videos, and even sketching some of the textures to remember them by. They want to capture as much as possible in the area they are researching in the limited time they have.
Oh I get it, it’s more the phrasing of it sounds like they are not doing much work at all.

Oh I get it, it’s more the phrasing of it sounds like they are not doing much work at all.

I think that’s because the piece was specifically about the changes to JC. The writer just knew about the coming changes of Splash because of all the media, and it’s inclusion was because it fit the thesis of the article. I don’t think Hill had much planned for an answer, and gave a quick, “we’re doing it, here’s some basic information I can share.”

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I think that’s because the piece was specifically about the changes to JC. The writer just knew about the coming changes of Splash because of all the media, and it’s inclusion was because it fit the thesis of the article. I don’t think Hill had much planned for an answer, and gave a quick, “we’re doing it, here’s some basic information I can share.”
Yeah I expect the same thing. I found it hysterical the first time I read it idk why haha

Someone give me a TLDR on the video, because if it's anything like the self-congratulatory Starcruiser video, I'd rather dip my toes in boiling water.

EDIT: Or let me know if the video is good, actually.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheezbat
The biggest reveals so far seem to be

"You are an active participant who Tiana will address"

"There will be both old and new characters, as seen in the concept art"

Sorry, I couldn't make it through all the nonsense. I'm glad this attraction is coming, but this conversation is so forced and self congratulatory, as if they are solving the worlds problems with a theme park attraction.

Sorry, I couldn't make it through all the nonsense. I'm glad this attraction is coming, but this conversation is so forced and self congratulatory, as if they are solving the worlds problems with a theme park attraction.
I think i was well worth my 30 min. It is important to recognize the impact of Tiana and the culture of New Orleans. Most of Disney Princesses are Eurocentric and Tiana is a very American example of bringing the American experience to the movies and theme parks. Tiana is one of the best Disney animation offerings and is overdue for the spotlight.