Springfield | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honest question: Is there a reason why Bumblebee Man's is always closed? Went yesterday in hopes of getting some carnitas tacos, but it was closed. The park was absolutely packed so I'm baffled as to why they would close a food option. I thought that was pretty whack considering it's one of the better places to eat at USH. Ended up going to the Habit at CityWalk instead.

Honest question: Is there a reason why Bumblebee Man's is always closed? Went yesterday in hopes of getting some carnitas tacos, but it was closed. The park was absolutely packed so I'm baffled as to why they would close a food option. I thought that was pretty whack considering it's one of the better places to eat at USH. Ended up going to the Habit at CityWalk instead.

Gotta assume it's strained staffing.

Yeah, I went last week and it took 40 minutes to get nachos. They told me they were short staffed and that it would take a little bit, but I was not expecting 40 minutes.

Yeah, I went last week and it took 40 minutes to get nachos. They told me they were short staffed and that it would take a little bit, but I was not expecting 40 minutes.
I was talking about this in the other posts. But there’s a supposed hiring freeze, so people are working 6 day work weeks and stuff as of recent due to that.

I had no clue it has been closed so long

It was one of my go to places as well especially for HHN. I hope by summer they can do better on crowd control in restaurants

to put some numbers to this particular crunch: universal studios hollywood currently lists 31 open positions in food and beverage, many of which are not necessarily entry level. but a food stand attendant position is listed with a starting pay of just under $16 an hour. my sense is that many of the local parks, but particularly knott's berry farm and universal studios, are struggling to fill positions like this because those workers can get equivalent positions with less hassle and better pay at fast food restaurants.

tl;dr: if McDonald's is, in some cases, paying upwards of $19 an hour, you're going to struggle to fill equivalent positions that pay 10-15 percent less.

Lol

Unless I was retired and the job was easy Is never work for 16 dollars anywhere let alone a theme park where you have traffic going in and out and extra time to check in and getting back to your car

I know it kinda sucks for us as guests but I hope the spots go unfilled and they have to pay better wages for these high stress jobs

Lol

Unless I was retired and the job was easy Is never work for 16 dollars anywhere let alone a theme park where you have traffic going in and out and extra time to check in and getting back to your car

I know it kinda sucks for us as guests but I hope the spots go unfilled and they have to pay better wages for these high stress jobs
agreed! when I worked at disneyland in college (a mere ... decade or so ago) the pay was better than what I could get elsewhere in addition to getting a regular schedule and, frankly, a better management structure. without both improving pay and working conditions, theme parks will struggle to recruit for some of these positions*

*in Southern California

agreed! when I worked at disneyland in college (a mere ... decade or so ago) the pay was better than what I could get elsewhere in addition to getting a regular schedule and, frankly, a better management structure. without both improving pay and working conditions, theme parks will struggle to recruit for some of these positions*

*in Southern California
All of the fun perks of working at a theme park are fading

Reactions: salismetho
to put some numbers to this particular crunch: universal studios hollywood currently lists 31 open positions in food and beverage, many of which are not necessarily entry level. but a food stand attendant position is listed with a starting pay of just under $16 an hour. my sense is that many of the local parks, but particularly knott's berry farm and universal studios, are struggling to fill positions like this because those workers can get equivalent positions with less hassle and better pay at fast food restaurants.

tl;dr: if McDonald's is, in some cases, paying upwards of $19 an hour, you're going to struggle to fill equivalent positions that pay 10-15 percent less.
How they hell are they paying USH TM's less than $16/hour but starting in June, UOR TM's will be making at a minimum $17/hour in a state without state taxes and with much cheaper gas prices and while apartments are expensive in Orlando, they're even more expensive out there near USH.

Reminds me of how SeaWorld is always a few dollars behind Universal and Disney in Orlando and it becomes noticeable in certain areas with how the park is forced to run with them having less people willing to work at that pay level.

How they hell are they paying USH TM's less than $16/hour but starting in June, UOR TM's will be making at a minimum $17/hour in a state without state taxes and with much cheaper gas prices and while apartments are expensive in Orlando, they're even more expensive out there near USH.

Reminds me of how SeaWorld is always a few dollars behind Universal and Disney in Orlando and it becomes noticeable in certain areas with how the park is forced to run with them having less people willing to work at that pay level.

when I used to work at USH I started at 10$ lol.