Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I might be dumb - but what would be considered "real Larping"?
Like you would get a chain code, you'd have quest to go on maybe even get to choose which path to follow the light or the dark. Help Bounty hunters, solve puzzles that get you rewards. Like have ways to earn credits and get exclusive prizes you can't buy with real money

Lightsaber training with those awesome ones they made that look basically real, get to go on a mission...etc like feel like your in Stars Wars vs a hotel that kinda has things going on around you that are.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
With this project but I'm saying next time they can build it different

Like I said they have two options i see

Charge about the same/more and have more larping (maybe make it only for a day or two as well....like less days but your days are filled with things you can do)

Or make it just a SW hotel with some special events that happen every now and then but mainly its a hotel themed to be in Star Wars

Like we all crap on this but some people are spending 500-700 bucks for the Disneyland hotel. So people are willing to throw down money even if the product is no where near that kinda value
Yeah, I'm not saying people won't stay here for $600 a night... but Disney didn't design this place to run (at their desired profit goal) at $600 a night lol. They'll either need to increase room capacity, which will be very hard to do with the current size of the public areas, or run some sort of "daytime excursion" experience. And just close off the hotel rooms.

The most realistic option I can see them do is run a $$$ 3-hr lunch/dinner show experience accessible from SWGE via the transport truck.

And considering that Universal has plans for their own immersive dining experience based on a mega blockbuster IP... could see Disney do it as well.

D’amaro on the Starcruiser and it’s failure:

“This is something that had never been done before. It was difficult to even explain to the public, and I think it was incredibly brave for us to move into this space. … And this, to me, says Imagineering is still at its best today.

Those learnings are being employed on the next experiences, which we haven’t even announced yet.”
When I saw the first concept art for Galaxy Edge my first tought was "I don't recognise this" but my second tought was "If those buildings in the back are hotel rooms than Disney had a great inspiration PhantasiaLand moment and that is smart".
R.eab51e431078c105fc5ba9eec6a20a7e

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
D’amaro on the Starcruiser and it’s failure:

“This is something that had never been done before. It was difficult to even explain to the public, and I think it was incredibly brave for us to move into this space. … And this, to me, says Imagineering is still at its best today.

Those learnings are being employed on the next experiences, which we haven’t even announced yet.”

Josh, dude, it's a weird hotel, not a moral stance. It's like when Apple said it took "courage" to remove the headphone port from their phones.

Anyway, the problem is the length of the experience. SWGS is 48 hours long, the new experience should be 2 1/2 hours long. Do a sleep no more in the hotel where the transition is from SWGE to the experience, let us say with timed entry? Have it be a set looping story of some sort. Just some ideas...

Josh, dude, it's a weird hotel, not a moral stance. It's like when Apple said it took "courage" to remove the headphone port from their phones.

Anyway, the problem is the length of the experience. SWGS is 48 hours long, the new experience should be 2 1/2 hours long. Do a sleep no more in the hotel where the transition is from SWGE to the experience, let us say with timed entry? Have it be a set looping story of some sort. Just some ideas...
Or just open the dinner show in the land as originally planned. Utilizes some of the food items and entertainment elements created.

Like we all crap on this but some people are spending 500-700 bucks for the Disneyland hotel. So people are willing to throw down money even if the product is no where near that kinda value

Sure but at that price point, you could get a full week's vacation or more for that kind of money which is easier to justify. $5000 here and you were back out on the street in 2 days. That's not a vacation. That's a very pricey excursion.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Or just open the dinner show in the land as originally planned. Utilizes some of the food items and entertainment elements created.
It's insane how much trouble could've been avoided had they just stuck to this simple idea. It really didn't have to be that complex.

Seems like Universal is leaning into what Starcruiser should've been with the Great Hall dinner theatre rumors for Epic.

I'm not expecting anything special to happen with that space. The contempt Disney has for Galaxy's Edge in Florida is so obvious...they're selling Starcruiser drinks at DISNEYLAND! They flew all the glasses and things required TO THE WEST COAST instead of walking them over 100 feet to their own Oga's Cantina! Ridiculous.

They waited way too long to communicate that this was an immersive theater/LARP. Everyone got stuck on the "hotel" end of the equation. (You can also legitimately question whether the final product lived up to the expectations of what an official, premium Star Wars immersive/LARP should be.)

I stand by they could have made a way for one-day adventures to work (i.e. a more supercharged Sleep No More or Then She Fell).

They waited way too long to communicate that this was an immersive theater/LARP. Everyone got stuck on the "hotel" end of the equation. (You can also legitimately question whether the final product lived up to the expectations of what an official, premium Star Wars immersive/LARP should be.)

I stand by they could have made a way for one-day adventures to work (i.e. a more supercharged Sleep No More or Then She Fell).
Completely agree. 20 years ago, everyone was all about making "the next Discovery Cove." This could've been that. And it solves so many issues -- cheaper to run, so price must be more reasonable than a 2-night stay (even if still north of $1k), Let's uninterested family members do their own thing. And no confusing use of "hotel," which brings connotations in connection to WDW and Orlando.

Price it to a moderate hotel to match the small rooms
Provide some SW activities for free , up charge others.
Drop the storyline and just do a dinner show with the singer and a lightsaber duel.
Open the dinner show to the public to guarantee constant sold out shows and high bar tabs.
Allow acesss to HS whenever you want.
Don’t include admission to HS.
Build a pool indoors or on the roof surrounded by trees / rock work to maintain illusion.
This place could still make serious money if restructured correctly.

Price it to a moderate hotel to match the small rooms
Provide some SW activities for free , up charge others.
Drop the storyline and just do a dinner show with the singer and a lightsaber duel.
Open the dinner show to the public to guarantee constant sold out shows and high bar tabs.
Allow access to HS whenever you want.
Don’t include admission to HS.
Build a pool indoors or on the roof surrounded by trees / rock work to maintain illusion.
This place could still make serious money if restructured correctly.

For the pool, I would build it indoor with a large screen depicting a space image that changes periodically, including the jumps to light speed. I still wouldn't stay there since the rooms are tiny but this could use the space.