Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

I wish they would build a movie theater facade with "The Star Wars Experience" on the marquee.
Watch them just literally build the Chinese Theatre facade again! :lmao:
star_wars_manns_chinese_theater.jpg

I know Harrison Ford used the name on the Disneyland 60th televised event where we first got concept art of the rides.

I'm sure the rides will be fun and the land will be immersive, but the hotel idea really sits wrong with me. All this money that was supposed to be spent on DHS redoing the park, and instead were getting two new lands, a repurposed ride, and a new hotel.

I'd rather have gotten a third Star Wars ride and another couple lands and rides instead of the hotel.

I'm sure the rides will be fun and the land will be immersive, but the hotel idea really sits wrong with me. All this money that was supposed to be spent on DHS redoing the park, and instead were getting two new lands, a repurposed ride, and a new hotel.

I'd rather have gotten a third Star Wars ride and another couple lands and rides instead of the hotel.
The hotel isn't eating away from the DHS budget afaik though so it's more a problem of the expansion itself being too lacking.

There will be an expansion area I believe. To be honest, a hotel may help pay for a third ride someday.

They may want to wait on adding more Star Wars rides until after new movies.

There will be an expansion area I believe. To be honest, a hotel may help pay for a third ride someday.

They may want to wait on adding more Star Wars rides until after new movies.

exactly, if the hotel is a huge success, it "MAY" cause the higher ups to approve more Star Wars attractions into the park, to keep people coming.

What are the main rides in these two expansions? Do we know yet what types of rides they are?
Star Wars will have two attractions:

1. Millennium Falcon attraction with kuka arms on circle tracks with screens that simulate flying and you get to control the ship.

2. Battle Attraction with trackless ride vehicles, practical sets and animatronics and screens as extended sets for backgrounds. The plot is we're escaping with the resistance away from the First Order.

Anything I'm missing?

I'm sure they'll be street shows and meet and greets too. These are just the two major attractions.

If the hotel is built and if it it is $1k a night...wouldn't that make it the most expensive hotel in the country? I can think of many hotels that have a room or two that go for $1k a night. I can't think of any that average $1k a night for all rooms.

1. Millennium Falcon attraction with kuka arms on circle tracks with screens that simulate flying and you get to control the ship.

2. Battle Attraction with trackless ride vehicles, practical sets and animatronics and screens as extended sets for backgrounds. The plot is we're escaping with the resistance away from the First Order.

Anything I'm missing?

I'm sure they'll be street shows and meet and greets too. These are just the two major attractions.
Yes those are the two rides. I have to think they'll incorporate Jedi Training in somewhere and then there's the Cantina restaurant that will have a band (unsure if it will be live or similar to Sunny Eclipse).

Anything I'm missing?

There was a 3rd ride, but it was lost due to budget cuts. A transportation ride where you'd ride inside/on the back of an animatronic bantha like creature.

I thought Universal had exclusive rights to use Kuka technology for their attractions?

I thought Universal had exclusive rights to use Kuka technology for their attractions?
It expired. Was only for 10 years I believe.

EDIT: Even though Forbidden Journey opened in 2010, I think they made the deal when they announced the new land in 2007.