Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Stranger Things House at HHN?

Apr 14, 2013
Anyone else want this to become an IP house?

Holy cow, my wife and I binge watched this the past 2 nights and we both turned to each other when the Upside Down was visually revealed and at the same time said what an amazing HHN house this could make!

This IP screams Horror Nights. So many iconic sets and scares.

I'll say this, I am surprised that there isn't a dedicated speculation thread to HHN for any year, not just a certain year considering some IP's and concepts that they may try.

That said, Stranger Things would be albeit harder; not just because it's a Netflix series, but it has a very young cast (And that they may try to go the Potter route in-turns of wanting to have the show be yearly and probably for good reasons). I am two episodes in and i'll say that I am hooked into the concept. I've been spoiled by Twitter of a particular part of the IP that would translate well, but it would all depend on how they treat it (as to me, I can see it being a very intimate type house in one of the tents so-far, but who knows for me..).

I definitely think it's something we'll see at the event within a couple years; the question is whether or not they wait another season for more material.

If you are only into episode 2 there is so much more to be revealed. It isn't until episode 4 where things really get going with what would be HHN related. I don't think the kids would be a part of the house at all. There is so much world building that is done in the series that would make a great house more than the characters involvement in the world. I think it would be great to put the guests going through the house basically in the characters shoes and let the house be you experiencing what the characters were experiencing first hand.

It wouldn't work as the story is central on the kids. Without Eleven (whose is dark on her own right) or Will, it would just be an overly basic house with Guillermo Del Toro looking characters running about. Part of the horror and the suspense of the series was is Will going to be alive and the mystery of Eleven. If they did away with the kids, they might as well just do a Pan's Labrinyth house as its nearly the exact same creature designs and sets.

It wouldn't work as the story is central on the kids. Without Eleven (whose is dark on her own right) or Will, it would just be an overly basic house with Guillermo Del Toro looking characters running about. Part of the horror and the suspense of the series was is Will going to be alive and the mystery of Eleven. If they did away with the kids, they might as well just do a Pan's Labrinyth house as its nearly the exact same creature designs and sets.

Strangely enough, the thought of me about if ST becoming a house now (as I have two episodes left..); I would have to imagine that they would have to focus more on the Supernatural elements of the Upside Down, the creature Designs, and the town itself. You could pull select characters; but you couldn't replicate having the kids into the house due to logical reasons.

I'm not saying that it can't happen, but I think we need to wait another season so we can get more environments and characters to play with before they try to do something for HHN with the concept, as it should be done in some way (especially the Upside Down).

Strangely enough, the thought of me about if ST becoming a house now (as I have two episodes left..); I would have to imagine that they would have to focus more on the Supernatural elements of the Upside Down, the creature Designs, and the town itself. You could pull select characters; but you couldn't replicate having the kids into the house due to logical reasons.

I'm not saying that it can't happen, but I think we need to wait another season so we can get more environments and characters to play with before they try to do something for HHN with the concept, as it should be done in some way (especially the Upside Down).

You need to finish the season to actually see how the Upside down is the reason why the kids were needed to begin with and central to there even being a house.