Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Studio Tours en Espanol

Jan 14, 2013
Hello Everybody!

Just thought I would share this experience with you all. My wife and I had some family come from El Salvador and Mexico for a couple of weeks and decided to take them to Universal Studios (since we had free passes for our birthday month). We went on the Spanish version Studio Tours since our visiting family only spoke Spanish. It was pretty interesting as the video played was totally different from the English version (obviously). There was a whole lot less Jimmy Fallon on the Spanish Video. Maria Celeste from Telemundo was the host of the Spanish Tour. It was kind of refreshing seeing something different on the tour. She talks a lot about Carl Laemmle's story and how he started Universal Studios. 

Another interesting fact was pointed out was how the Universal Horror film Dracula-Spanish Version, starring role actor Lupita Tovar's grandson was the director and creator of the American Pie franchise. It was awesome to hear the Universal Pictures success lineage.  I thought that was interesting. I just wanted to share this with you all. 

"She talks a lot about Carl Laemmle's story and how he started Universal Studios."

And why can't we have more of this on the English tour?!?!?! I'd trade all the Jimmy Fallon clips for more historical and fun facts.

And I love the story of how the English and Spanish Dracula movies were filmed on the same set, but different times of the day!!

Good to see some synergy being played out within NBCU, but I'm surprised the host actually referred back to Carl Laemmle. We used to have that with Ron Howard's introduction (and even Whoopi, I believe), but all that history was lost with Fallon.

Did the tram guide play the Tramtastic video at the end?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mandarin version, I believe, has very little video segments and is almost entirely guide-oriented.

One of you guys should spend one very confusing hour trying to cover this. ;)

The Mandarin version, I believe, has very little video segments and is almost entirely guide-oriented.

One of you guys should spend one very confusing hour trying to cover this. ;)
I've been considering doing the Spanish tour for awhile since I can mostly understand that one. The Mandarin would be fun for the hell of it. Also would be good ways to avoid long lines I'm peak season for us regulars who really just want to go through the tour animations!

I have taken the spanish tour. It does give some new info about Universal history, but the guide... oh my God, he does it in autopilot and spoils most of the surprises in the tour. I really didn't like it at all.

I've taken the Spanish tour once and let me say if you are going to take it in hopes you'll have a shorter wait time, you'll be disappointed unless you get in line at a specific time. The tour I took was at 2:15pm and getting in the spanish queue early is not needed. You can get there at the expected boarding time and make it just fine but 5 minutes before is advised just in case. The tram was 5 minutes late. When it arrived everyone boarded quickly and the entire tram wasn't even filled in the end. Me and my party lined up 1/3hour in advance thinking it was required as to not miss the boarding. In the 1/3hour we waited to board, 10 trams for the normal English tour went by! Seriously. I counted. Even some others taking the Spanish tour noticed that it would have been best to just wait in the English queue. The wait time for the English tour is always wrong, it seems. Trams arrive nonstop for the most part. The tour guide for the tram I was on made remarks about how Latin Americans are the best and whatnot, proud beautiful people. Its all cool. Made a few jokes I did not like. Nothing offensive but nothing that needed to be said. Because I heard no one laughing.

A Spanish host replaces Jimmy Fallon. Even though I didn't know what she was going on about, I was glad to not have to see Jimmy Fallon. I was expecting a Spanish dub of his clips. What I liked about it was that it felt longer. The driver was taking his time to the point other trams catched up right behind us. The music playing while boarding-unboarding wasn't something that'd be played in the English tour. It was good though!

I want to take the Mandarin Chinese tour just for the experience. Although I want to sit at the very back for it! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
As a pretty almost-fluent Spanish speaker, the Spanish tours are hit and miss. One guide I had was Japanese (yes, you read correctly) and she was AWESOME. Best tour guide even among English guides that I've had. There was another that I had who was a native speaker and she was awful. She seemed inexplicably awkward in her choice of words and her jokes were not really there.

I once rode it and there was this old guy. It was the most painfule experience ever. He spoiled all the surprises like "now you are going to be sprayed with water by a hidden shark on your right" So yeah, I didn't like it

Wow, I have not taken the Studio tour in Spanish since probably 2008... kinda interested to go on again. The jokes actually land in Spanish for some reason.

Here's the Spanish close to the Studio Tour which was played on the monitors before you came into the Tram upload station.

Universal Studios Hollywood - Studio Tour Close - Spanish (2007):

Last edited:
Hello Everybody!

Just thought I would share this experience with you all. My wife and I had some family come from El Salvador and Mexico for a couple of weeks and decided to take them to Universal Studios (since we had free passes for our birthday month). We went on the Spanish version Studio Tours since our visiting family only spoke Spanish. It was pretty interesting as the video played was totally different from the English version (obviously). There was a whole lot less Jimmy Fallon on the Spanish Video. Maria Celeste from Telemundo was the host of the Spanish Tour. It was kind of refreshing seeing something different on the tour. She talks a lot about Carl Laemmle's story and how he started Universal Studios.

Another interesting fact was pointed out was how the Universal Horror film Dracula-Spanish Version, starring role actor Lupita Tovar's grandson was the director and creator of the American Pie franchise. It was awesome to hear the Universal Pictures success lineage. I thought that was interesting. I just wanted to share this with you all.

I love taking the Spanish tour whenever I can, it's a much better experience in my opinion. It also has the best joke when the Rock calls that FBI guy stink pickle, which in the CC comes out as "pepino aspesto", hahaha.