Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sum Of All Thrills Closing?

Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Over on Magic, someone brought this up and then a CM chimed in and said all SOAT CMs are being re-assigned after May 27th.

What'ya gonna do though? The park just has SOOOO MANY popular attractions.

I did this once. It was fun. But since Innoventions is such a non-draw, I literally forget that it's there.

I did this once. It was fun. But since Innoventions is such a non-draw, I literally forget that it's there.
Inno West is literally non-existent now, just an expanded Character Spot. Inno East is on it's way out too. Without Sum of all Thrills, there's only Storm Struck and Colortopia in there. Quite sad, tbh.

It's pretty sad when half of the Disney World parks are in dire need of an overhaul.

Soarin 2.0 and Frozen aren't going to cut it. Imagination is a joke. Universe of Energy is sorely outdated. Wonders of Life is a giant waste of space. So much is needed here and I know that it isn't going to get done under the current regime. Sad, because I love this park.

The problem with the Wonder of Life is they use it for special events that go on 6 months of the year. With Innovations pretty much shutting down, I wonder if the idea is to move those event things to those buildings and then put an attraction where Wonder of Life is. Maybe redo that whole area and even include Energy and make a whole area over there.. That would make more sense since trying to put a ride in innovations area would be odd.

All sponsorship contracts in Innoventions except Colortopia ran out and Disney didn't renew. They decided not to operate the attractions without a sponsor.

Maybe Disney has decided to stop going after sponsors for the moment after Siemens cancelled theirs. That leaves us with....GM?

And Chiquita (sponsors Living with the Land)

It starts to come down to "operating participant" versus "sponsor."

Ratatouille in Paris is sponsored by some company - I think it's a bank...?

Meanwhile, Patina Restaurants is footing the bill for the new M:S restaurant and they pretty much have taken over hiring all the chefs and staff for Food/Wine this year.

It starts to come down to "operating participant" versus "sponsor."

Ratatouille in Paris is sponsored by some company - I think it's a bank...?

Meanwhile, Patina Restaurants is footing the bill for the new M:S restaurant and they pretty much have taken over hiring all the chefs and staff for Food/Wine this year.
Tron in Shanghai is sponsored by Chevrolet too and has a post-show very similar to Test Track. I definitely don't expect Chevy/GM to sponsor MK's Tron due to them already sponsoring Test Track. What would even be the incentive?

Tron in Shanghai is sponsored by Chevrolet too and has a post-show very similar to Test Track. I definitely don't expect Chevy/GM to sponsor MK's Tron due to them already sponsoring Test Track. What would even be the incentive?

Mini vans? Their logo will be plastered across all promotional mini van material. Some sort of deal there?

Mini vans? Their logo will be plastered across all promotional mini van material. Some sort of deal there?
You missed the point of my post. I said "what would be the incentive?"

Well, for Minnie Vans, the incentive is pretty clear: it's large-scale promotion for Chevy Traverse or whatever Chevy-related vehicle they end up using. Now back to Tron... what would be the incentive for them to sponsor that attraction? They already have a showroom on property over at Test Track and good promotion with Minnie Vans.

Disney and GM (Chevy) have a long, long business relationship at Walt Disney World, but GM only does something if it promotes their brand. Last I checked Lightcycles weren't made by GM.

Now back to topic, please :topic:

The point I was making was that they don't have to be exclusive deals. They may offer to sponsor one attraction in trade with Disney for cross promotion with another avenue, such as mini vans, where they'll plaster their logo across all promotional info worldwide not just in the parks.