Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh, I wasn't really commenting on the "uniqueness" of the title. I was just saying that if you're going to call something Nintendo World shouldn't it include more than just characters from ONE of their many games? That concept art seems to be solely Mario characters. I love Mario so I'm not mad about it, I just think it's weird to not also include other Nintendo characters in this Nintendo world.

I keep seeing this thrown around but... Super Nintendo World = completely unique title. Super Mario World = same title as SNES game. Going with a completely unique title is a smarter move IMO.

It'd be like Potter phase one being named Hogwarts, the SNW name can be used as a brand name for all the lands.
Exactly, so say if a Legend of Zelda expansion opens they'll probably rename the original area "Super Nintendo World - Mushroom Kingdom" and then the Zelda area would be "Super Nintendo World - Hyrule" the way that the name of the original Harry Potter area in Islands of Adventure was amended to "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade" once "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" opened at Universal Studios.

I'd rather see both haha. Hollywood needs as many practical rides as it can get. Considering that fallon is apparently now a rumor BOOO

And there begs the question of Secret Life, as apparently that's a rumor now too.

If Fallon is there, All I want to see is that Universal Hollywood embraces the interactive experience that is of Fallon, having Hashtag; Ragtime and new skits into the experience to make it a worthwhile addition.

Either way, I'd love it if Hollywood got DK and Yoshi along with Mario Kart, as the park needs it as much as Orlando; but they need another coaster in the park once Mummy goes away.

And there begs the question of Secret Life, as apparently that's a rumor now too.

If Fallon is there, All I want to see is that Universal Hollywood embraces the interactive experience that is of Fallon, having Hashtag; Ragtime and new skits into the experience to make it a worthwhile addition.

Either way, I'd love it if Hollywood got DK and Yoshi along with Mario Kart, as the park needs it as much as Orlando; but they need another coaster in the park once Mummy goes away.

Even with SLOP there's still a huge lack of practical rides in the park. I think it would be neat if they could incorporate DK with the mountain.

I'd rather see both haha. Hollywood needs as many practical rides as it can get. Considering that fallon is apparently now a rumor BOOO

SLoP is the biggest rumor, Fallon many dont really believe, it might come here. I think SLoP it's going to happen on 2019.

Sadly I think for right now the Hollywood version will only bring Mario Kart & Yoshi! but it would be sweet if we got the DK
Coaster.

I really hope they give us DK as well. We badly need another coaster (even more so if they get rid of Mummy).

Allow me to clarify my above statement. I asked persons involved with UC whatever happened to SLoP and I was told it had been mothballed. I completely forgot about Hollywood and so did not seek clarification between Orlando and the West Coast, but it did seem to be across the board. Did they ever start building on that spot in Hollywood or is it still vacant and fenced?

Last edited:
They've restarted construction around that area. Rumors are strong that the project is headed for the west coast to open in 2019. In what form we don't know however.

Allow me to clarify my above statement. I asked persons involved with UC whatever happened to SLoP and I was told it had been mothballed. I completely forgot about Hollywood and so did not seek clarification between Orlando and the West Coast, but it did seem to be across the board. Did they ever start building on that spot in Hollywood or is it still vacant and fenced?

From my understanding SLOP is still happening in Hollywood but has been mothballed due to getting lost in a sea of other big projects in Orlando. They've been doing A LOT of digging in the location where sound-stages 22, 23, 24 and 25 used to reside since Feb. My guess is they want to get it up by 2019 to have something to compete with Star Wars.

Wait, wait, wait….where did this rumor of DK not coming come from!?

We have to get DK, especially if Mummy is leaving. USH needs a descent coaster really. Really. Really. Badly. Replacing an okay coaster with none isn't going to help.

Wait, wait, wait….where did this rumor of DK not coming come from!?

We have to get DK, especially if Mummy is leaving. USH needs a descent coaster really. Really. Really. Badly. Replacing an okay coaster with none isn't going to help.

Universal Studios Hollywood is way more landlocked than in Orlando, because it's situated near the actual production and filming facilities that started since 1915. Unless you're willing to destroy more of the soundstages more further, which Universal City is already doing to make room for SNW.